DT and SymphonyX. Where is the rivalry?

Am i the only who thinks that Sx dont need DT´s help in order to promote their music?

Does a high level band like Sx deserve to be support of DT?

Are you out of your mind?!! The DT tour will do for SY-X what the Gigantour did for them. Did Sy-X need to be on Gigantour with a bunch of shit (IMO!) bands (Megadeth, Nevermore, & DT excluded)? Great exposure for them to do the DT tour. DT will draw large numbers of music fans to their show, More people = the opportunity to sell more merch, sell more cds, etc etc. Never forget the business end of the big picture. If the record companies don't make $'s on a tour, they can't afford to send the bands on more, bigger, longer tours. After 4-5 years without a studio release, this is a PERFECT opportunity to build back SY-X momentum.

Do they deserve to be DT's openers? Best openers I can think of, unless you want a semi-DT clone band. Co-headlining would be great, but I'm sure EVERYBODY involved with the band at all levels would be kicking themselves in their collective nut-sack if they passed on this offer.

I'm still trying to figure out if you're just trying to stir up the shit here. :mad:

my final statement about this whole BS is simply this:
The only people who know what's good for Symphony X is SYMPHONY X
it's a no brainer so stop wasting your brain cels over trite shit like this...

It would be an even bigger outrage and massive blow to DT's ego if they opened for SX. Sure, I love SymX waay more, but Dream Theater are by far the bigger, more popular band. My way of looking at it; if I can find a Dream Theater knock off shirt in some shitty store, then popularity = ^

It would be an even bigger outrage and massive blow to DT's ego if they opened for SX. Sure, I love SymX waay more, but Dream Theater are by far the bigger, more popular band. My way of looking at it; if I can find a Dream Theater knock off shirt in some shitty store, then popularity = ^

Yeah, and I can't find a legit (or otherwise) SymX shirt anywhere here. :mad:

Are you out of your mind?!! The DT tour will do for SY-X what the Gigantour did for them. Did Sy-X need to be on Gigantour with a bunch of shit (IMO!) bands (Megadeth, Nevermore, & DT excluded)? Great exposure for them to do the DT tour. DT will draw large numbers of music fans to their show, More people = the opportunity to sell more merch, sell more cds, etc etc. Never forget the business end of the big picture. If the record companies don't make $'s on a tour, they can't afford to send the bands on more, bigger, longer tours. After 4-5 years without a studio release, this is a PERFECT opportunity to build back SY-X momentum.

Do they deserve to be DT's openers? Best openers I can think of, unless you want a semi-DT clone band. Co-headlining would be great, but I'm sure EVERYBODY involved with the band at all levels would be kicking themselves in their collective nut-sack if they passed on this offer.

Amen to that, squire! :worship:

I'm still trying to figure out if you're just trying to stir up the shit here. :mad:
Thanks. These are my thoughts, but I didn't feel like typing them. :)

What struck me as funny was that this topic is worded as if you were expecting Symphony X and Dream Theater to be childish enough to have some sort of band rivalry, and are disapointed to find that they don't. :rolleyes:

What struck me as funny is that the guy hasn't come back and said anything to clarify his oddly worded original post, and you guys have still crapped it out for 2 pages. :D

Aside from being considered prog, there's no real similarity in their music. Riffs are sometimes similar but the approach and style are so different.

And besides, DT's last great album was 1994, and SX's first great album was in 1997 and continues to produce great albums. So no real overlapping in terms of greatness.