DT and SymphonyX. Where is the rivalry?

Aside from being considered prog, there's no real similarity in their music. Riffs are sometimes similar but the approach and style are so different.

And besides, DT's last great album was 1994, and SX's first great album was in 1997 and continues to produce great albums. So no real overlapping in terms of greatness.

OMFGZ U SAY LAST GREAT DT AS NYNTEEEENNYNTFOR AND SX IS STILL GRATEBUT BUTT DT FORIMZ SAY T3H OPOSIT!!!!????111!!!//!!! I DON"T NO WAT 2 THINK NE MORE!!?!!111

my ignore list:
Aeonblade
anacrucix
Ascension
Ayreon Guardian X
dparker88
gargamelthesmurfseater
Julz
Mantis Warrior
Meedleyx10
proulxski
reidie
Scourge of God
Wires & Waves

my buddy list:

I personally dont see the point of putting anyone on an ignore list - Hearing other peoples opinions and views on topics you are interested in (some may differ from your own) is the most interesting thing about posting/reading any message boards...

I personally dont see the point of putting anyone on an ignore list - Hearing other peoples opinions and views on topics you are interested in (some may differ from your own) is the most interesting thing about posting/reading any message boards...
I absolutely 100% agree with this statement (is that ironic??? haha). However, some of those folks simply post garbage or just ass up every thread they post in. I know this sounds rather hilarious coming from me, but i can't put myself on ignore. So i deal with it. I suggest everyone do the same :lol:

Agreed... infact, I'd rather read posts I disagree with... more interesting than a bunch of yes-men.

Also, since most the people with ignore lists end up reading (and retorting to) the posts they 'ignore', it's kind of self-defeating. Seriously, a ignore list sounds like something a 12 year old girl writes in her precious flower laden, lockable diary. :lol:

i think they are useful, if someones going out of their way to try and hassle you, it's a lot easier not to retaliate if you cant see what they say, and so it prevents you from having useless personal fights filling up threads.

i think they are useful, if someones going out of their way to try and hassle you, it's a lot easier not to retaliate if you cant see what they say, and so it prevents you from having useless personal fights filling up threads.

Truth. when i had folks on ignore i'd still read the posts, sometimes respond, but it was still a good reminder that what they say means less to me than the shit on my heel :lol:

Truth. when i had folks on ignore i'd still read the posts, sometimes respond, but it was still a good reminder that what they say means less to me than the shit on my heel :lol:

It's really easy to just ignore posts though, without listing them.

Besides, having posts hidden from you just brings on curiousity, and therefore has more of your attention.

It's probably useful if someone is spamming the forums with pointless shite, and just going around insulting people, or trying to start shit, but most of those kind of people end up leaving when they don't get a response.

For example, that accolade45yfg6lolol593659 (massive number) guy... no point ignoring him, as he just fell of the face of the earth anyway.

AGX? I haven't seen any posts from him for a while.

i'm pretty sure the rivalry is derived from the fans and is essentially non-existant between the bands themselves....