OT: political DT songs

Trusse

Aug 26, 2004
Denmark
I'm asking for your guys help. At my school (I think you will call it college in america) I have a project about songs with political contents. I have to come up with at least three songs which I have to interpret. I have Dream Theater's - In The Name Of God. Any of you guys who knows any other political DT songs. I may only have songs from ONE band.

Thanks.

why did you pick Dream Theater for political songs :lol:

I suppose Sacrificed Sons is another. Blind Faith. The Great Debate.

funny since S.S & ITNOG are two of the songs I like least from DT, and it has nothing to do with politics :lol:

"The greate debate" is the most political song i've heard from DT. It has three different sides about the stem cell problem of our times, and the supporting words come from left channel, the rejecting words come from the right. The neutral lines come from both channels. And DT is clearly presenting their opinion by saying:

"Are you justified in taking life to save life ?"

That is one great song.

Actually i said "the most political" but i never cared about the last two albums of them, so there may be more political stuff from them, if there is, i am sorry :)

Noble Viking said:
Oh, then Sacirficed sons fo' sho'.

Did you guys see DT on their recent tour? they had some kind of political themed video playing during Sacrificed sons.

it was all 9/11 stuff. and some Vietnam stuff as well....I have some video of it..

Sacrificed Sons (I was crying when they played this on April 1st.) - 9/11
The Great Debate - Embryotic Stem Cell Research
Blind Faith, Misundersttod and In The Name of God - All a question of religious power over people.