DT Returns to US <--- If You Are Going, Post Here

Haha. Here's a short review (cause I gotta go crap right now).

It began out with this band called Berzerker...
GAY. GAY GAY. Their choice of clothing (all three of them wearing a shirt with the logo: Berzerker) gay, their masks were gay as Slipknot, and their music sucked. Very few people reacted to this band.

Then it was SYL...not a fan of SYL. It was boring. More than the few people reacted to this band.

Then it was Dark Tranquility... THEY FUCKING ROCKED!!! BUT IT WAS TOO SHORT!!! They played only 4 or 5 songs... :( ...:cry:
This was when fun got started for me...THEY'RE SO AWESOME LIVE!
Fun how Mikael threw himself on the pit and surfed. :lol: People definitely responded to them.

Then it was Napalm Death... It seems as if there were a lot of Napalm Death fans present, because the whole place went wild. People did AGGRESSIVE mosh pits and crowd surfed...and they would endlessly keep getting on stage and touching/hugging the band players. It's funny how the security had to keep moving syncronized to the directions of where the surfers were being moved...hahaha.
Their music was SO FUCKING LOUD...it started to hurt.

The conditions were suffocation...especially because of the smoke. The club was tightly packed, dehydration, the music huge vibrations would ache my body trying to stay up from all that pushing and shoving.
I'm not a smoker, so the weeds and cigarettes people smoked in there made me dizzy... :lol: And no, I definitely didn't go into the mosh pit...

Then, FINALLY, it was Nile (After long preparations of stage).
IT WAS SO FUCKING AWESOME. I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! (I headbanged over the limit...and even when my neck started to ache, I didn't stop...HEADBANGING CONSECUTIVELY FOR AN HOUR!! YEAAAA!!!)
People were definitely reacting to their music, maybe not as much as Napalm Death (I saw a lot of Napalm Death T-shirts).
NILE IS SOOOO FUCKING GREAT LIVE.......DAMMIT...I HOPE THEY COME BACK SOON!! (They're playing in Santa Ana too, but my mom is SUCH a hissy fit, can't go to too many shows...now I'm looking forward to the Opeth show ...and hopefully Halford w/ Testaments and Dying Fetus shows...)
YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK, NILE!!!! \m/

first time seeing them. not a bad show. wish i hadn't drank as much as i did. highlight of the evening...i met Michael, the bassist. very nice guy.

and let me just say Nile was great as well.

one of my favorite songs....At loss for words :D

Okay, so you San Francisco gig people need to come say hi to me, okay? It'd be nice to meet forum members! My hair is blonde and down past my butt. I have a big camera (I will be photographing the show) and will probably be wearing a black sleeveless top with red pants tonight. I'm usually in the front. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm so excited! Oh yah, and don't be shy to say hi. I won't bite, I swear!

That show was pretty good. The Berserker came out and their first song, the pit was crazy, after that is was pretty mellow in the crowd until they played some Carcass in which it was crazy again. Overall, i'm not a big fan of the Berserker, they had some alright stuff, but they couldn't really capture the crowd.

Next, Strapping Young Lad. Devin came out and started joking w/ the crowd which wasn't a surprise if u've seen SYL before. They played pretty good (even though they didn't play my fav song "Detox"). Overall they had the crowd a bit better than Berserker but not all that crazy.

This next band was in my opinion the best of the night...Dark Tranquillity. They played soooooo awesome. The first song I gave Mikael a big high five. DT is definitly a crowd getter. They had the crowd going nuts chanting for DT to play their favorite songs. Overall, they kicked ass and the crowd loved it.

Napalm Death. Biggest pit of the night. They played really long and it didn't seem like the crowd minded. The pit was absolute mayhem. I got pretty beat up, but I inflicted some well deserved damage as well. Oh yeah, and I met this really hot chick too during Napalm. (too bad she left before i could get her number...I got pushed in the pit and next thing i know, she disappears...oh well). Overall Napalm played awesome and they also had the craziest pit.

Then it was Nile. I don't know, i'm not all that into them. A lot of people liked them, but they didn't have they intensity DT or ND had. I would've definitly preferred it if DT were headlining, but oh well, DT filled in for Voivod anyways, so it was pretty much impossible. But overall the show was great. I stood in line for 2 hours to get my ticket then I endured the show for another 6 hours. It was overall a good time especially seeing DT.

Originally posted by The holy one
Haha. Here's a short review (cause I gotta go crap right now).

It began out with this band called Berzerker...
GAY. GAY GAY. Their choice of clothing (all three of them wearing a shirt with the logo: Berzerker) gay, their masks were gay as Slipknot, and their music sucked. Very few people reacted to this band.

Then it was SYL...not a fan of SYL. It was boring. More than the few people reacted to this band.

Then it was Dark Tranquility... THEY FUCKING ROCKED!!! BUT IT WAS TOO SHORT!!! They played only 4 or 5 songs... :( ...:cry:
This was when fun got started for me...THEY'RE SO AWESOME LIVE!
Fun how Mikael threw himself on the pit and surfed. :lol: People definitely responded to them.

Then it was Napalm Death... It seems as if there were a lot of Napalm Death fans present, because the whole place went wild. People did AGGRESSIVE mosh pits and crowd surfed...and they would endlessly keep getting on stage and touching/hugging the band players. It's funny how the security had to keep moving syncronized to the directions of where the surfers were being moved...hahaha.
Their music was SO FUCKING LOUD...it started to hurt.

The conditions were suffocation...especially because of the smoke. The club was tightly packed, dehydration, the music huge vibrations would ache my body trying to stay up from all that pushing and shoving.
I'm not a smoker, so the weeds and cigarettes people smoked in there made me dizzy... :lol: And no, I definitely didn't go into the mosh pit...

Then, FINALLY, it was Nile (After long preparations of stage).
IT WAS SO FUCKING AWESOME. I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! (I headbanged over the limit...and even when my neck started to ache, I didn't stop...HEADBANGING CONSECUTIVELY FOR AN HOUR!! YEAAAA!!!)
People were definitely reacting to their music, maybe not as much as Napalm Death (I saw a lot of Napalm Death T-shirts).
NILE IS SOOOO FUCKING GREAT LIVE.......DAMMIT...I HOPE THEY COME BACK SOON!! (They're playing in Santa Ana too, but my mom is SUCH a hissy fit, can't go to too many shows...now I'm looking forward to the Opeth show ...and hopefully Halford w/ Testaments and Dying Fetus shows...)
YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK, NILE!!!! \m/

hehe. very good! thanks holy one. glad to know you enjoyed yourself. :D

well, gay masks or not, i must say i'm quite interested in seeing Berzerker (along with all the other fine acts in the line-up) but i have to admit i haven't heard any of their music yet. i know. what a poser, ey? i don't care if they suck bu on a shingle though, as long as they don't feck up Corporeal Jigsore Quandary! i've read they cover that in their set. hope they're still doing it, too. i especially look forward to the vocal aspects of that song. =) i might attempt to sing along during one part or the other if they do it. :heh: :::devil:::

lots of words to quickly spit in there so snuuuuug!

the best part though? imo, both voices together at the same time

So mystifying ...

oh my yes. \m/ i'll probably emit some horrible in-between screech, then i'll probably headbang and try to air drum or guitar (or whatever) - pffffff - like i know what i'm doing. haha :^) at that point i'll probably get all self conscious and just headbang and try to remember ALL the words, AND sing 'em as well. #@$%&*!

Astute brain teaser incorporate flesh and bone
SO MORTIFYING...

-rh (*mortifYred*)

Don't expect too much. That song sounded retarded and annoying with the little Nintendo bass drum they had, which played through the entire song non stop.

Originally posted by Mattias of the Night
Woah woah woah, when da fukk is Testament coming here?

No, I believe he wrote TestamentS, in plural form. So that´s probably some christian rock group called the Testaments or something. With songs like "Oh, God, Oh my God" and "God, God, God".

Originally posted by Mattias of the Night
Don't expect too much. That song sounded retarded and annoying with the little Nintendo bass drum they had, which played through the entire song non stop.

ahhuhm. a'right. thanks for your report!

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking horse shit, goddamn it I knew this fucking shit would happen. FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! I requested the day off for the DT concert a fucking month ago, but I HAVE TO FUCKING work on Friday from 5-12. This is the stupidest bullshit ever, fuck this crap.

Nick(veeeeeeeeeeeery pissed)

Originally posted by wildfyr
NASTY! ohhh Nick, i'm so sorry fate has handed you a bu sandwich. :cry:

Thanks Rebecca, but this isnt the first time Ive gotten shit on, and it wont be the last :( :(. Just be sure to take alot of cool pics ok?

Nick(very sad, almost to the point of crying)