easily opeth's most underrated song

Mar 13, 2005
is The Apostle in Triumph, probably because its the last track on their least popular album (in terms of sales i mean). But every riff in it is killer like at 5:05 and 8:30, Mikael growls out some great lines like "Redeem, I am immortaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal" great clean vocals as well, the solo at the end gives me chills along with Anders work on the cymbals. Song just carries well and the last 5 minutes are a blast, great transitions in there.

Took me a while to realize all this, one of my fave tracks of theirs now.

I listened to The Apostle In Triumph on my nice 3k walk home from the train station today. I must say it is pretty under-rated. I never hear anyone talk about it even though it's been around as long as Opeth has. It's a great song, but a lot of Opth fans havn't even heard their earlier works I guess, it's mainly from Still Life onwards (for example, the drummer for my band didn't know there was three albums before Still Life... he just didn't know!).

A lot of their songs are rather under-rated though.

is The Apostle in Triumph, probably because its the last track on their least popular album (in terms of sales i mean). But every riff in it is killer like at 5:05 and 8:30, Mikael growls out some great lines like "Redeem, I am immortaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal" great clean vocals as well, the solo at the end gives me chills along with Anders work on the cymbals. Song just carries well and the last 5 minutes are a blast, great transitions in there.

Took me a while to realize all this, one of my fave tracks of theirs now.

"In solitude I wander..."
this part gives me the creeps
nevertheless, I agree with you, this is no doubtly a great song :kickass:
In fact I think that the whole Album (Orchid) is great and I don't agree with those who says that this album sux. If u invest some time listening to songs like The Twilight Is My Robe, Forest Of October you will realize what I'm talking about...