embarassing music

bleed for me

Sep 9, 2001
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
i think this has been done b4, but here goes:

what music do you listen to are you embarassed to admit to enjoying or is not something ppl would think that you would listen to or something that other ppl might dis you for listening to?

for me i hafta to say i like that song "hunter(?)" by dido...it's actually a pretty good....i'm also a big fan of mudvayne and i like nothingface quite alot (both nu-metal bands)

Cradle of Filth - Midian

This is a really good album, but because all their other relases are black-metal CRAP, this album is overlooked and stereotyped, and every time i bring it up in conversation, or every time I wear my CoF shirt, I get put in the 'black-metal-cunt' box, and people automatically hate you, and think that you are a goth.

Fuck that. It's a good album damn you all!!!

I am also a Bruce Springsteen fan, and NO, i am not ashamed of it, but some of you posers think that it's 'uncool' or 'unmetal' to listen to other forms of music. ha ha. fuck you.

I like plenty of nu-metal music: Disturbed, Nonpoint, MudVayne, Skrape

I like songs from Madonna, Enrique Iglasias, Ricky Martin, Shakira, etc.

There are a ton of one-hit wonder songs I've heard that I like a lot: High by Jimmies Chicken Shack, Vanishing Cream by The Hunger, etc.

No matter, the above music does not efffect me like the true metal I listen to: Opeth, Nevermore, Enslaved, etc etc etc. I find it hard to believe when people say they ONLY listen to this metal. I've listened to classical - I may not know names, titles, etc, but I can listen. I have an open mind to music, but it's on occassion I listen to things other than metal.

I personally find it amusing how people get "embarrased", or trash others who listen to non-metal. I tend to think that person isn't a metal-head at all, but trying to prove a point that metal is iall they listen to - a cool statement? Not to me - and true musicians (or people who just love music listening) will listen to all walks of music. There is plenty of good listening in blues, jazz, etc.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Trapped
I am also a Bruce Springsteen fan, and NO, i am not ashamed of it, but some of you posers think that it's 'uncool' or 'unmetal' to listen to other forms of music. ha ha. fuck you. [/QUOTE]

Agree 100% - not with Bruce, but the other form of music listening

yea, i hafta agree with u there

CoF - Midian was a really good album, i love "her ghost in the fog"...it's an amzing song

i personally hate the term "metal-head"...beign classified just like all those other superficial fucks out there...it's no better than being titled a "jock" or a "stoner"

I like some nu-metal bands: System of a Down, Staind, fear Factory, Linkin Park, and some Lit.

I also listen to a lot of techno and trance, and some pop. I'm a Madonna fan and I listen to stuff like ATB, The Prodigy, DJ Tiesto, BT, Delerium, etc. I'm a bit embarraced that I like trance and Madonna because a lot of people see me listening to that and automatically assume I listen to it because it's a gay thing. And when I bring it up around metal heads they think I'm some damn poser for liking a completely different genre than metal.

Well fuck all of them, I'll listen to whatever the fuck I want, thank you very much. :)

Originally posted by bleed for me

i personally hate the term "metal-head"...beign classified just like all those other superficial fucks out there...it's no better than being titled a "jock" or a "stoner"

Sorry - let me change that to a metal music listener - is that better? :D

Devilish monster: Blink??? Linkin fuck??? well... I loved Dido's new hit too...but linkin fuck? blink? hell no!!!

Hence the title of the thread...:err: It's like I see you standing up and pointing a finger with those words coming out of your mouth. :rolleyes: :p

I find myself secretly liking some of the nu-metal I hear on the radio. Not all of it, mind you, just certain parts seem to crank well. :D I can't name the bands...but I know when they're one of the well-known newer bands.

I know Slipknot and Disturbed when I hear them on the radio now. I've had enough of that POD song I keep hearing over and over and over and over and over on the radio. Seems like I can't turn the thing on without it playing. (it goes...."I feel so alive...for the very first time...." :lol: ) I'm sure you've heard it if you OWN a radio. :rolleyes:

Aren't we humans nutty? The way we/some feel like these things need to be kept a secret. Like having a different opinion is wrong. :lol: I know this...yet...it doesn't change how I feel deep down. Huh!

Once and forever.
I am so cold.

Originally posted by Opet

Aren't we humans nutty? The way we/some feel like these things need to be kept a secret. Like having a different opinion is wrong. :lol: I know this...yet...it doesn't change how I feel deep down. Huh!

Yes, we are very nutty that way. I'm used to having different opinions, and just plain being different, yet I also feel like certain aspects or my thoughts and tastes are something to be embarrassd about because others might thinks it's pathetic/stupid/silly. Even though I value other's opinions of me less than I value a Ms. Cleo psychic reading.

Wierd. Isn't it? I don't value other's opinions, yet other's opinions still has a hold on my emotions. I'll never understand that.

"what music do you listen to are you embarassed to admit to enjoying or is not something ppl would think that you would listen to or something that other ppl might dis you for listening to?"

Hell, I'm the champ when it comes to that...

The Police are my all time favorite band. You really have to dig further than 'Every Breath You Take' to see why...
I'm a total 80's buff - half of my favorite music comes from that era - the good stuff, mind you. I'm talking about Christian Death, Fields Of The Nephelim, Depeche Mode, U2, The Cure, Japan...
and oh yes, Prince. Possibly the hardest artist for me to admit I like, the dude is mega-talented and independent though, he always surprises me by doing something in music that is a) amazingly beautiful. b) amazingly unpredictable. c) amazingly confusing!!
People probably don't expect I listen to classical music, though the later stuff like Debussy, Barber, Satie, etc. I am kind of afraid to tell people I like Steve Reich (the 20th century composer who invented minimalsim... 2 pianos playing different riffs for 20 minutes phasing in and out of eachother.) People look at me like I just told them I smoke pot on a heavy basis.
People also don't expect that I like ambient music, jazz, new age acoustic (i.e. Michael Hedges.)
Maybe it's because I'm a musician that I listen to everything.
Maybe it's because I love music.
This was a very good question though... in the end, everything is detalis anyway...

I do like some of the nu-metal bands around. e.g. Spineshank, SOAD, Deftones etc.

I'm quite a fan of the alt rock scene actually. YES I LIKE CREED!!! SO WHAT? Not so much the songs they released as singles, they were terrible choices to be released.

Other favs of mine include Nickelback, Pearl Jam, Soulfly, Fear Factory, Unloco, Stabbing Westward, Bush, Lostprophets and Sevendust. I like them, no one else is going to change my opinon of them.

Originally posted by Black Heart
Linkin Park? they have a few good songs, they are pretty good for a nu-metal band :rolleyes:

I've never understood this, by what stretch of the imagination are they new metal. I have nothing against them (In the End is really cool!) but I wouldn't call them nu-metal.

Other favs of mine include Nickelback, Pearl Jam, Soulfly, Fear Factory, Unloco, Stabbing Westward, Bush, Lostprophets and Sevendust. I like them, no one else is going to change my opinon of them.

Darkest days is such a cool album! I don't reallylike any of their others that much tho :cry:

I'm not embarassed about anything.. I do a lot of things "metalheads" don't.. and I don't give a fuck if they call me metalhead or whatever.. I LOVE UGLY KID JOE!! :))