spill your shame ....

I dont think im ashamed but a few non-metal and less-metal bands i listen to are:
VAST (really simple songs but i love them)
Radiohead
Smashing Pumpkins
Sublime
Shred guitarrists
Nirvana
System of a Down

And some i actually am ashamed of:
some older KoRn i dont mind
Linkin Park are OK
Greenday are also OK
and i have to admit i have downloaded a couple Disturbed songs

And MightyA i saw you like Andromeda! No one else i know has heard about this band but theyre the fucking greatest! Reinholdtz is one of the best guitar players ive ever heard.

although i'm not really ashamed about it,
i like the deftones a lot
they have some amazing songs.
simple, emotional
not teen angsty :loco:
well maybe a little bit on their first album... but it's still very good.
i also like weezer. :D
and some emo-ish type stuff like appleseed cast :cry:

How come you are ashamed you like hardcore?

I'm not ashamed of it, but in the "ATTN: Slipknot_isnt_metal" thread I was pood on for liking Manson. I think. So I posted my large list of bands. For some reason. I think. Goodnight. Or morning. Cheese is nice. Duck. Brown. Seventeen.

I lent my Arkangel - Dead Man Walking CD to a friend and I haven't gotten it back :(

Weezer are emo type of music, sort of like jimmy eat world (which i dont really mind) except the singer is 10x more annoying

Originally posted by Oyo
I've heard of Weezer, but never heard 'em, what do they sound like?

they play simple, catchy, geek rock tunes
and i love them :)
go listen to 'in the garage', 'tired of sex', 'the good life', or 'only in dreams'... personal favs
...i really don't expect anyone here to like them at all though ;)

Well, I was listening to Paradise Lost "One Second" the other day and actually caught myself enjoying it ! There's a guilty pleasure.

"It's mercy you're asking for cheating life
By taking more it's mercy you're asking for
Take my life or give me more..."

:)

D Mullholand

Originally posted by MightyA

I think the picture speaks for itself...

Pantera must just love that photo...:eek:

My guilty pleasure has always been 80's style shred like Yngwie, Tony McCalpine, Vinnie Moore etc. Those "whirly" guitars just do something weird to my brain...:loco: :eek: :loco:

Originally posted by D Mullholand
Well, I was listening to Paradise Lost "One Second" the other day and actually caught myself enjoying it ! There's a guilty pleasure.

"It's mercy you're asking for cheating life
By taking more it's mercy you're asking for
Take my life or give me more..."

:)

D Mullholand

That is one of my favorite CDs of all time

Few years from now he will be wiping the floor with Petrucci and pretty much everyone else

I agree, hes only 20 and hes already got enough material and technical skill to compete with the big guys! And get this - I talked to him through email before his site went down and asked what kind of equipment he uses, and he uses an IBANEZ ROADSTAR II! Im not sure if he was joking or not, but maybe he knows something i dont!

Originally posted by transfixed

they play simple, catchy, geek rock tunes
and i love them :)
go listen to 'in the garage', 'tired of sex', 'the good life', or 'only in dreams'... personal favs
...i really don't expect anyone here to like them at all though ;)

My brother got me into Weezer several years ago. I really liked them. My favorite song is probably 'Say It Ain't So', which the Deftones covered. Pinkerton is my favorite album. I haven't really listened to them much lately, especially their new album. I heard that one song and didn't really like it. Also, with their mass popularity now I have avoided them and running into people at school liking them because of one song that has gotten lots of airplay. :err: