Emo kids

paradoxile said:
crying underneath the moonlight is black metal...also a little opeth-ish
so that part is cool:lol:

hey..what do you have against the teletubbies?:(

They really scare me. I mean it. And they're nothing but a bunch of brainwashers. (man I remember the dancing bear.hypnotizing.)

The guy sings estarabim.(lately)

crossing2.jpg

He's a legend in Turkey but I don't like him since he got on Rock'n Coke stage.

And Ibrahim Tatlises. (maybe you remember him from "mutlu ol yeter")

ibrahim%20tatl&

He's a legend in Turkey too but he's kinda.. A wierd guy... And this photo is recently taken.

Metal head87 said:
Goth, punk, emo, they all suck.
Just saw that video. Pretty funny.

666 posts. I'm so metal

watch the "Introducing the scenesters" video...it explains the characteristics of each type...

no one listens to ska :lol:

Well you gotta admit though, gothic metal *had* it's moments...like "15 minutes of fame"...and quality!... in the early 90s with the first albums of bands like Anathema, My Dying Bride and Paradise Lost...and what about late 80s stuff from bands like Sisters of Mercy, Mission, Fields of the Nephilim? I wouldn't consider them gothic myself (some people do actually), still, some great music was released back then...

All a black metal video really needs is some guys wearing corpse paint (not necessarily the band members...) running through a foggy, wintery norwegian forest... ;-)

BTW, recently read an article about US photographer Peter Beste in a German metal mag, who spent half a year in Norway to portray the norwegian black metal scene: Now there's some REALLY cool pictures for you!
http://www.peterbeste.com

I don't really consider Anathema, My Dying Bride or Paradise Lost as goth, they are more dark/doom.

Ska=Skay with a 'G' where the 'SK' are. They are so annoying. I hate those skater fags. They take up the whole park. They are so loud so you cannot just rest for a moment when you're walking back from your friend's house completely wasted. They show absolutely no respect to cops (I have some friends that are cops and if I had a driver's license or associate degree, I would have gone to the training to become one as well). They're usually pussies too. Even when there are like 6 or 7 of them, they run with their tails between their legs when one or two people threaten to kick their ass.

Immortal's videos for Call Of The Wintermoon and Grim And Frostbitten Kingdoms are hilarious. I love the songs though. Blashyrkh Mighty Ravendark is a little more serious but still kind of funny.
I'll post them when Youtube is back up.

Re gothic metal: it's obviously a matter of definition; personally, I consider certain death/doom metal songs with female vocals as "gothic". Sadly I'm in a bit of a hurry now as I'm off to the cinema, but will come up with some musical examples later tonight or tomorrow...

You're probably thinking of bands like Tristania and Sirenia. I hate those bands but I would call them gothic.

No, I wasn't. I never actually heard Tristania and never heard *of* Sirenia. I was actually thinking of albums like "Gothic" by Paradise Lost (obviously...) and "The silent enigma" and "Eternity" by Anathema.

I definitely wouldn't call Gothic a goth album. It was like a darker and more melodic, less grinding, less brutal and less folky Karelian Isthmus from Amorphis. But the guitar tone is almost exactly the same.

I still wouldn't call Anathema goth.

The stuff I call goth, as a genre not elements in the music, is either the overly dramatic Sirenia, Tristania, Leaves Eyes, Lacuna Coil etc or the Marilin Mansons and darkwave bands of the world.
Cradle Of Filth is more like extreme goth.

There is one goth song that I actually like though and it's kind of a guilty pleasure for me. I think it's called Passion from the band Stream Of Passion (I will hold back the disgusting remarks on the band's name). Normally I hate goth female vocals, but this vocalist actually sounds pretty unique and kind of sexual. The music has some Cradle Of Shit-esque synths, but the music is actually kind of heavy on some parts, compared to other goth bands anyway. I only heard that one song though, so I don't know if any of their other songs are worth anything.

Wearing one out of the aforementioned apparel does not make you emo (except for dudes wearing girl jeans, that's emo, transvestite and gay). You might even get away with two pieces of emo clothing. But it's when you wear the whole emo outfit that you become emo.