Enchant for future Progpower

Visa Guy

Visa Guy
Sep 12, 2006
Fair Oaks, California
I've read alot over time from a lot of people who think that Enchant should be at PPUSA--and I have always agreed. I admit that their CDs might be a little "mellow" for a portion of the metalhead" , but I always thought they would be an excellent live band as I have loved their work. I have had the privelege to see Enchant twice in the last 2 months--both at BARfest shows in Northern California--and I have to say that they ROCKED live. They were everything I could have hoped for live. Not only were they "heavier" live, but each musician was excellent and Ted's vocals were equally amazing. They also put on a hell of a energectic show and had the music and the moves--absolutely entertaining. Two of my friends who were not Enchant fans from the CDs were totally blown away and actually bought some of the CDs after the show.

I was talking with Doug (guitar) at one of the shows and he told me they had been trying to get to PPUSA for the last few years but that Glenn didn't think they were heavy enough. Glenn, I have to say that I think Enchant would be a great addition to PPUSA and I do not think you would think they weren't heavy enough at all. Their live CD/DVD does not do them justice. Just a thought: give them a chance and I guarantee you will not be disappointed!!

:headbang: I'll have to agree that they would be great for a future PP. About six months ago I wasn't really into Enchant. I had heard a couple of their songs a while back, thought they were pretty good (maybe a little mellow for my usual tastes) but nothing that instantly grabbed me. They then when on unnoticed by me for a while until they were announced to be playing the Santa Clara date with Zero Hour :kickass:.

But man, after seeing them live in March I was driven to grab a coulple discs of theirs along with their DVD. Then I started to really enjoy their stuff more and more with every listen. Then I was able to see them again at BARfest, and they rocked even more than the first time. So after all this rambling I guess what i'm trying to get at is that their live show makes one do this......:headbang:. I too think that they would pleasantly surprise all those who think they are not heavy enough for say PP USA (as I once did). I mean I LOVE heavy as much as the next person but I think they would be pretty damn cool in the great setting that is PP.........what i'm trying to say is that i love to do this....:kickass:....alot, but every once in a while it's great to do a little of this.....:headbang:.....also.

They had a pretty big fan base at BAR Fest... so I don't see why they couldn't make it out to Prog Power.... even at like a 2nd tier slot, I mean, come the heck on :) If a pure power band with 0 prog in it, like Primal Fear can play, then certainly a prog rock band like Enchant can come.

Just my take on things... what do I know? :)

The Michael

They had a pretty big fan base at BAR Fest... so I don't see why they couldn't make it out to Prog Power.... even at like a 2nd tier slot, I mean, come the heck on :) If a pure power band with 0 prog in it, like Primal Fear can play, then certainly a prog rock band like Enchant can come.

The Michael

What a horrible comparison. There is more of a legacy between Matt Sinner & Ralf Scheepers than Enchant as a whole. Before you get your undies in a bunch, I AM an Enchant fan, and would love to see them as well. I just think you need to adjust your reasoning.....
:Smokedev:

I'm not a big fan of the band, but I do love to watch them live... and i'm more of a power metal person myself. I don't see much difference between them and Threshold myself... bookem, I think they would go over great. Their bassist is INCREDIBLE live. Friggin madman.

WE WANT ENCHANT!

Too bad they are not playing PP this year. It would have been an awesome addition to the show. Other than After Forever, Redemption, and Threshold I'm not as stoked to go as other years.

Perhaps you need to work on Shane more than Glenn. If Vanden Plas can play the preparty/showcase night, then Enchant should have a chance as they are no more mellower than recent VP. This said from a fan of both bands...

Enchant's been mentioned like every year, with pretty good approval from repliers on those threads.

Seeing as how they are an American band, I'm shocked they've never been played Progpower. I would think they'd be cheap and go over well, and Lord knows they have enough material to fill any time slot(although I don't think they are even close to a headliner).

Maybe it's the fact that although most people seem to like them, few are really stoked to see them. That's just the impression I get from most threads on Enchant.

I don't think it would be a secret that I'm ALL for Enchant playing ProgPower. I've long said they would be good fit - just glad to see that people (metalheads) are being converted by their AMAZING live performance.

As huge a fan as I am, I was still blown away by their amazing live perfromance at BAR Fest! They have so much energy and as already mentioned, Ed is nothing short of amazing on bass! They are also super nice guys and I know they would be honored to play PP and not act like spoiled rock stars. :lol: I mostly got the chance to hang with Ed and Sean and those guys absolutely RULE!!!

Enchant for PP!!

The Michael
That's why it's called progpower. PF is coming because they fit the POWER criteria.

I do NOT want to see Enchant for Progpower. They are a good prog rock band but way to mellow for the likes of this festival and there are 100 plus other bands that I would rather see than them. Glen, I agree with you that Enchant are too mellow for this festival.

I do NOT want to see Enchant for Progpower. They are a good prog rock band but way to mellow for the likes of this festival and there are 100 plus other bands that I would rather see than them. Glen, I agree with you that Enchant are too mellow for this festival.

Have you ever seen them live? They are better than alot of the bands that have played Prog Power in the past and they put on a hell of a show...

Bear

I do NOT want to see Enchant for Progpower. They are a good prig rock band but way to mellow for the likes of this festival and there are 100 plus other bands that I would rather see than them. Glen, I agree with you that Enchant are too mellow for this festival.

This is one of the reasons why I think they SHOULD be considered... they put a good jolt of diversity into the lineup while still being progressive enough to included under the format... musically they can hold their own, absolutely no doubt there!

With a properly constructed set list that concentrates on their heavier tunes, I think Enchant would kill at PP. Put them in a third spot so they get an hour or so. They are a GREAT live band, much heavier than they are on disc, and guitarist Doug Ott is one of the most underrated players in prog.

I do think they need to put out a new CD before they play PP, though. Get some new material out there, as it's been far too long between discs.

dt

This great to see yet another Enchant for PP thread! That just goes to show you how many PP attendees would LOVE to see them there! I saw them again for the March show and they really tore it up (by working the crowd so well and with their skills and the feeling with which they play)! Any bass players out there would LOVE to see Ed tear it up (the guy is a MONSTER on the bass and now that we have a PP Showcase clinic, maybe one year in the future...)! I got to hang with the guys more this time...they're really cool people who connect with their fans (which is part of the intimate atmosphere of what PP is all about IMHO)! It was definitely worth flying out there for that show! They would be a better fit for PP than some even realize!