EPs that you wish could have been fleshed out into full studio albums

Talos of Atmora

Aug 4, 2016
So, I was listening to this yesterday...

maxresdefault.jpg

...and wished that Cynic could have made at least ONE full-length with this style before going with the style they had on Focus. As someone who loves Focus, their sound kicked ass on this demo. Seriously, the instrumentation is great and Paul displays some badass vocals here.

I had an idea to make a thread like this so you guys can showcase EPs that you wish could have been full studio albums whether it be because of style, lineup, etc.

I tend to find myself more often thinking the flip, that an album could be better if it were shorter. If it were an EP.
But that's mostly with non-metal albums.

An obvious one for me would be Hellhammer and the Apocalyptic Raids EP, to have that as a full album, and still have it as an early black metal classic? Now that would've been cool. I'm curious beyond belief as to what would've come out of that.

Have you heard Satanic Rites? It came out earlier than Apocalyptic Raids and for all intents and purposes is a full length and heavier than hell.

Already a favourite at 17 minutes, if Liers in Wait's EP had an extra few songs of similar quality extending it to about 30 minutes it could very well be my favourite death metal release ever.

I'm mostly happy with the EPs I love just the way they are, though.

Have you heard Satanic Rites? It came out earlier than Apocalyptic Raids and for all intents and purposes is a full length and heavier than hell.
Absolutely. I just would've like to have seen where the Apocalyptic Raids soundscape would've gone in the shape of a full studio album.

I enjoy the brevity of EPs. Wouldn't want most of them any longer. But I do wish some great bands that only ever released EPs (such as Dark Age) had released LPs.
Oh, I definitely get what you mean. However, there are EPs like the 1990 demo I mentioned from Cynic that just didn't get made into full length albums that displayed a certain sound.

The first Queensryche EP
I knew you would say that and I agree.