Ever cried to opeth?

Blood and Fat said:
such a weird thread...

It's so funny that you resurrected this thread..glad you did though--I'd never seen it. To answer the question, HECK YEAH. All the time. Overwhelmed and happy tears, and it occurs a lot when I listen to my favorite song, The Twilight Is My Robe. And I can't leave out the night that I saw them.

I did while listening to the Godheads Lament solo once and many other times while listening to their other songs (TBYF, When, Godheads Lament, Moonlapse Vertigo (the ending vocals are so good), the solo in Serenity Painted Death (most emotional solo EVER), the chorus in Bleak). Ahh theyre a great band, no other band has done this to me.

yea, my mate has my copy of Blackwater Park, haven't listened to it in about a month, experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms

thats enough to reduce me to tears :cry:

I ALWAYS get choked up with Still Day Beneath the Sun and Patterns in the Ivy II. Doesn't matter when, where, or how I'm feeling...it never fails...

"Will ever the morning/carry away/souls of those for whom we cry"

"...the final word for me will be the first for you/the rest is long but I'll go on inside and through"

Though it sounds like he sings "I'll go on inside a dream", which I thought it was until I read lyrics for it. "inside a dream" sounds like someone whose dead still living on inside people's hearts and such and is just so sad...

Old...old thread.

Anyways, 'To Bid You Farewell' made me cry once when things were goig shit with my ex. Also, I got Deliverance the day we broke up...needless to say, 'A Fair Judgement' made me cry.

I suck. :(

Biddinger said:
I ALWAYS get choked up with Still Day Beneath the Sun and Patterns in the Ivy II. Doesn't matter when, where, or how I'm feeling...it never fails...

drr how'd I forget this? It usually happens to me too when I listen to BWP II....it's just been so long since I've listened to it, I almost forgot about them completely. I think I've been avoiding listening to them because I didn't want to cry. I still vividly remember one time....omg it was a year ago! That cd has been out a year?! Anyway I was on vacation and was outside on the deck of our rented house at about 2 in the morning...and I listened to the 2 songs...and it was one of the weirdest/greatest experiences of my life...ahh but I remember posting a thread about it back then, so...end.

Yes. All of Morninhrise. If I'm feeling shitty, I listen to it and it helps get some of my shit out. It just exemplifies a feeling of loss and loneliness that I commonly feel. The "I have kept it" verse in Black Rose Immortal is the most emotional part in the whole album for me. That part always works.

Never cried to Opeth. I am extremely 'into' the music when I listen to them though. Definitely elicits a lot of emotion from me. I HAVE cried however, to Devin Townsend, notably "Tiny Tears"("And I'm 29 years old....and I'm a million miles away..." the pure feeling of isolation is just overwhelming), and Porcupine Tree--"Russia on Ice"(the AWESOME "I see the whole thing come down..." part), "Cure for Optimism", and "Feel So Low".

Demon of the Fall's "Run away" part got me once or twice
I think I cried during the last 2 minutes of To Bid You Farewell once(It reminded me of something...), I can't remember if I actually cried or not though. It also seems like Credence might of made me cry, but unlikely to that one.

Oh, and Toucan, Tiny Tears ia an amazingly beautiful song, that has also made me cry. :cry:

The outtro bit in When usually gets to me...as does Demon and other Opeth stuff...Moolapse Vertigo and even Morningrise at times. Very emotional stuff. I think I choked on a few tears during Katatonias LFDGD and Porcupine Tree 's She's Moved On and Russia on Ice as well at some point or another.

I've never cried while listening to Opeth. Maybe I will someday when I feel somewhat the same way as one of the "characters" in the lyrics. No matter how sad a song may be, I can find myself glad because that particular song is so fucking good.

Getting goosebumps at the end of Blackwater Park, however, is quite common :D

Edit: Now I got goosebumps at the end of Demon Of The Fall as well.

The reason why i listen to Opeth is because of the sheer amount of emotion that is presented, and hardly any other band that i listen to can replicate it in the same way (emotionally, not just musically).

I've been brought close to tears numerous amounts of times by all Opeth cds that i've heard, although the only time i can remember one of their songs actually causing me to cry (and i mean like, almost bawling like a dagger was shoved and twisted through my leg...ok not that much.) was during Requiem, i'm surprised nobody has said that song. It's so simple but so sad, and when the acoustic guitars suddenly change the mood, i envision it as a feeling of intense hope, which, during a bad period of depression, just made me feel so lost, making me break down into tears.

On the other hand, i also listen to Opeth because they're just so damn fun to listen to :D