Fan Reviews & "Into Night's Requiem Infernal" discussion

On a different note.....that sputnikmusic.com review was cool but cracked me up a bit. We've been doing this since 2005 eh? LOL And the "drumming could've been better"???? I don't get that one at all.

As soon as I read it, I thought "Oh boy, Sasha's going to take this one to heart!"

Next ND CD, Sasha will turn into a Neil Pert / Pete Sandoval cross breed, JUST because of this one review. :lol:

I can say honestly without bias that Sasha's drumming on our new cd is fucking excellent. If he would've tried to be more fancy or complex I think it would've ventured into overplaying and been totally unsuitable. However seeing as the current trend today is all these fucking bands WAY overplaying, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that some people aren't happy. Once everyone gets sick and tired eventually of all the damned ultra-technical jackoffery, people will start to want artists who can write meaningful songs again.

Mind you, I enjoy and appreciate people who are technically amazing players, it's just getting a bit overboard lately, kinda like it did back in the late 80s/early 90s, and I saw what came of that the first time!

like guitar solo's, the drums have to fit with he song, I thought Sasha's druming was a good example of fairly technecle but very well writen.

Great album, only listened once so far but I'm already impressed. I think Johan Hegg and Paul sound alike in many ways (hopefully not taken disrespectfully), it just can't be ignored. If they growed together it would create rifts in space haha \m/

Great album, only listened once so far but I'm already impressed. I think Johan Hegg and Paul sound alike in many ways (hopefully not taken disrespectfully), it just can't be ignored. If they growed together it would create rifts in space haha m/

I hear this a lot comparing me to Johan. No offense taken at all. I think he's a fantastic vocalist, so I'm proud to be in the same company.

I do think he's deeper then me, and I'm a bit more audible. The closest guy to me that I've heard is Anders Jacobsson from Draconian. Even my wife thought he was me at times on the CD I did the spoken word for. She was asking during growled sections "That's you now, right?" He's the only one I listen to and can really hear a similarity. And at TIMES I can hear it in Johan Hegg, just not as much as others.

Well...what a quality hunk of metal this is. I'm digging it very much.

Sashas drumming is great, I like his style, deft.

Guitars are sweet also, more emotional sounding than Novella and tasteful as ever.

Paul your growls and screams are awesome, I especially love the savage throat scorching on Lazarus Regret.

In the past I've always thought your clean vocals could get a tad one dimensional, but here your performance is so good, easily the best cleans you've ever done, the range seems to have expanded. I especially like the bohemian rhapsody style chorus on the last track ;) just kidding.

To me this sounds like a massive progression from Novella. :headbang:

Listened through the album twice now as background music here at work. I'm loving A Eulogy for the Living Lost - that huge main riff/rhythm is just crushing. I'm actually disappointed when it cuts off abrupbtly and gets all mellow after the first 30 seconds of the song!

I think the first 30 seconds of that song is the most badass Novembes Doom moment in the entire collection.

More thoughts later - huge kudos to the band for another monster album!

Finally got the album, and it was well worth the waiting.
Just great! I love your sound.:)
Can i hope for a little tour in Europe? And than especially The Netherlands?:saint:

just letting you guys know, metalreview.com has there review up, and i think it is one of the best so far.

I really like the new album. Another high quality release. I played a track from the new album on my radio show the other week.