Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Porcelain Heart

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Hessian Peel

Votes: 76 33.3%
  • Hex Omega

Votes: 18 7.9%

• Total voters
My favorites in order. Overall a lackluster album though.

Heir Apparent
The Lotus Eater
Hessian Peel
Porclein Heart
Coil
Burden
Hex Omega

Hessian Peel, with Heir Apparent and Burden close behind. Every track is great though.

I give Coil credit because its the first time female vox were recorded on an Opeth album, and it turned out really well.

Hessian Peel > Heir apparent > Burden&Lotus > rest

OMG this song owns! REALLY there's every single fact that opeth uses it's like a summary of opeth's godly music!

I have desperately tried not to listen to Watershed too much, but to no avail. So here's my list of favourites from the album.

1. The Lotus Eater
2. Burden
3. Heir Apparent
4. Coil
5. Hessian Peel
6. Porcelain Heart
7. Hex Omega

Hex Omega is just so ... :zzz:

can't help but agree. Love the album but i think Hex Omega is probably my least favorite opeth track in existence.

I'm amazed at how poor PH is faring on the poll right now...though i didnt vote for it, its an amazing track. One of the most thoroughly dark sounding on the album imo....not nearly as dark as Heir Apparant tho! :Smokedev:

Watershed is such an amazing experience when listened to from start to finish. For that reason I cant really say I have a stand out favorite. I mean, being halfway done with it and reflecting on what I've heard so far almost brings a tear to my eye. This is a very very special album that would leave an impression on any listener.

If I had to pick, I say The Lotus Eater.

1) Hessian Peel
2) Heir Apparent
3) Hex Omega
4) The Lotus Eater
5) Burden
6) Coil
7) Porcelain Heart

Hard to rank, I love all of these songs. The acoustic in Coil is very cool I think. Lyrically, it really gets to me due to current events in my life right now. I can't even listen to it with the combination of the guitar and the lyrics...too powerful.

I'm surprised so many voted for Hex Omega. That one was difficult for me to get into at first, but there's something about it that is just so seductive.

That one was difficult for me to get into at first, but there's something about it that is just so seductive.

yeah, id say that hex and porcelain heart were probably the hardest tracks to get into for me...but really, it didnt take long before i started liking them more and more. great tracks IMO.