Favorite All-time Guitar Solo

I could probably spout off solos forever, but the one that stuck out for me when I saw the thread was Jeff Loomis in Engines of Hate. :OMG:

Kreator- Murder fantasies (this swedish guy simply rules...)
Sepultura- Mass hypnosis
Opeth- godhead's lament

"Fade to Black" by Metallica

It's a shame that Kirk's talents are being wasted with Metallica.

R0l0 said:
Led Zeppelin - Since I Been Loving You
Definitely the best Zeppelin solo.
[Mikael Akerfeldt] Sorskogen - Mordet i Grotten (cant do the weird letters)
[Peter Lindgren] Opeth - White Cluster
[Johan Hallgren] Pain of Salvation - Beyond the Pale
[Muhammed Suicmez] Necrophagist - Ignominous and Pale
[Dallas Toller-Wade] Nile - To Dream of Ur
[Chuck Schuldiner] Death - Voice of the Soul
[Andy Latimer] Camel - Rhayader Goes to Town
[Tony Iommi] Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
[Jeff Loomis] Nevermore - Final Product
[Marty Friedman] Megadeth - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
[Jason Becker] Cacophony - everything, but noteably: Images, Speed Metal Symphony and Concerto.

The A Fair Judgement solo is awesome, especially Mike's bit. Also, I agree about his solo in Mordet i Grottan. Amazing.
I like lots of solo's, but John Petrucci's solo in 'As I Am' springs to mind. There's a good solo in 'Burning Angel' by Arch Enemy too.

Metallica-Orion (cliff burton...thats all i have to say)
Opeth- The Apositle in Triumph
Kalmah- Hades

I'm sure more would come to mind but those are just some inspiring solos.

Lets go a little further and say best melodies ever?

That I think might be a little bit harder to define.

Liquid Diamonds said:
What In Flames song is that from?!?!?! Why the hell don't they sound like that anymore?!?!??!?!

December Flower.

That was actually played by a guest guitarist if you read the inside cover of the cd.

and in response to why dont they sound like that anymore... who the fuck knows!

Alex78 said:
Devin Townsend - Deep Peace

Hell yea, Devin is one hell of a songwriter. His solos arent shredding fast, but flow wonderfully and take you for a ride. I agree, Deep Peace has an awesome solo and is definitely one of my favorites.

Jesus i have a few. Glimours solos on "Comfortably Numb" and "Time". And i think the solo from "Mother" is really good. Paige's solo from "Stairway" and "Communication Breakdown". Ross's solo from "The
God made Heavy Metal", if only because it is followed by the greatest power metal lyric of all time. The solo in "To Big Farewell" is stunning and more or less anything by Herman Lee (Dragonforce) partciularly "Blackfire". The "December Flower" is amazing as well.