Favorite beers

I don't have a favorite beer, but if I did it would be a stout of some kind. Maybe Beamish (which sadly is no longer sold in the states! :mad: )

But hey! Lets celebrate all the fantastic Oktoberfest beers out right now! My favorite time of year.

guinness.jpg

I used to work at that brewery. I cleaned the fermenters. Dead Guy i
s definitely their top seller, but I much prefer their Brutal Bitter. Though I think they may have changed the name to Brutal IPA.

My other favorites are Stone's Arrogant Bastard, Deschutes' Red Chair NWIPA, and Ninkasi's Total Domination IPA.

Fuck, an Arrogant Bastard sounds damn good right now.
:err:

That's pretty cool that you worked at Rogue. It's hard to find a good selection of Rogue beers in my area except for the Dead Guy. I'd love to try the one you mentioned though I'll keep an eye out.

Also, not the greatest but it's what I got started on and I still like it a little. I swear it tasted better in Germany though, damn green bottles. :ill:
becks1.jpg

And one of my new favorites
IMG_1415.JPG

Choosing your favorite beer is like choosing between your father and your mother.

i'd choose my fav. beer over either one of my parents

also, not to nitpick too much, but a regular pale ale and IPA aren't quite the same thing...thus the reason sierra nevada has their traditional pale ale, and now the torpedo IPA, which is a little darker and more full-bodied

is it just me or there are a lot of satanic beers in this thread?!?!??!
there's even that rasputin one, is so creepy aahhaha

Satanic beer!!^^ A buddy of mine told me a story... There´s an austrian brewery from the small town Fucking (I´m not kidding, it´s really named Fucking! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking,_Austria) which tries to get a copyright for a beer, but they have a few problems with the european laws for product names... It´s a lager beer (in Germany called "Helles") and they wanna name it "Fucking Hell" :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Sounds like it´ll get an instant festival classic ;-)

Best beer imo is Rothaus "Tannenzäpfle" from the Black Forest.

Hab ich vor ein paar Wochen auch mal probiert... Wirklich nicht schlecht!