Favorite beers

star01.gif

superbock.gif

Grolsch-Logo.png

James, what part of FL are you in that has Yuengling readily available? When I moved to Louisiana I went through about 6 months of withdrawals before I got used to the fact that there was no Yuengling for hundreds of miles.

Every bar i have gone into in florida has yuengling on tap. And there is a brewery in tampa. I got to take a tour of it while in tampa about a year ago.

I don't think that this is available in the States (at least under that name) because a certain other 'brewery' of the same name was afraid that someone might order a Budweiser and actually be handed a beer.

Jeff

haha :lol:
I read about the story of how they fight about the rights for the name...now they're only selling one on every continent or something like that :rolleyes:
never tasted american beer, but my father wasn't very happy about it when he was in the States some time ago :loco:

He probably tried garbage like Budweiser - there's too much variety for the usual jokes about American beer being watery yellow soda to really work anymore.

Jeff

I'm not much of a beer drinker but what would you guys suggest for someone in the states? (as most of the beers posted her aren't domestically available)

I here good things about fat tire but i've never had it. Down here no one cares what it tastes like, so everyone just gets keystone/natty. (ewww)

I've only ever had bud light and bud select myself. I need some good affordable beer suggestions! :)

Go to a grocery store (preferably better than Walmart, but they have an OK selection) and try any of the more expensive beers. Yuengling, Guiness, Newcastle, etc are all solid choices for a starter. My local Walmart also has some Highland beers, Sierra Nevada, Terrapin, etc... Figure out what you like that is easily available, and then you can start exploring the more exotic stuff if you have a decent liquor store nearby.

fwiw, i've tried almost every variety of sam adams that exists...out of the 21 or 22 beers from the brewmaster's collection, the only one i haven't been able to find yet has been the double bock. out of all of them, i'd say honey porter is my favorite, followed by the standard boston lager, and then cream stout.

So glad I'm fucking 21 now and it's not like pulling teeth to try different beer haha.

I have three months to go unfortunately. But thats not too bad, at least I won't be at the mercy at whatever is at my house, although my dad's new taste in beer is up my alley. Just enjoying a Hefeweizen by the "Hopfen und Malz Brewing Company" and while it may be cheap beer, its been so long since I had a Hefe, it feels good man.