Favorite Doom Metal bands

Poema Arcanvs. I recently got their album Iconoclast off ebay as kind of an impulse buy and it was worth it, this band make great eclectic doom.

FUBAR said:
Poema Arcanvs. I recently got their album Iconoclast off ebay as kind of an impulse buy and it was worth it, this band make great eclectic doom.

Dude, thanks for exposing me to these guys. They own pretty good. Never heard of them, but I went to the site and downloaded "Essence." Nice stuff. Man, some of there lyrics are real fucking dark. :hotjump:

replicated said:
Dude, thanks for exposing me to these guys. They own pretty good. Never heard of them, but I went to the site and downloaded "Essence." Nice stuff. Man, some of there lyrics are real fucking dark. :hotjump:

No Problemo

My favorites would have to be:
Novembers Doom
Candlemass
Saturnus
Mourning Beloveth
Mournful Congregation
Shroud of Bereavement
Trouble
Whispering Forest
Cathedral
My Dying Bride
Elegeion
Morgion
Forgotten Tomb
Forest Stream

Hi there! talking about doom bands, I'm a big fan of Anathema, but only from Serenades to Eternity. Great songs on The Silent Enigma album. I really like Saturnus, and by the way, the new album is coming out in May, and it's called Veronika Decides to Die - dedicated to the Paulo Coelho book. These guys are great on the album Martyre.
And I think My Dying Bride is a good band to talk about in the doom scene...
October Tide are awsome as well.
About November, I actually started to listen it a fw months ago, but I really like it. Good songs in the album Classica.
And another two bands I really like as well are Tiamat and Neurosis. But I rather prefer to call this "intelligent music"...

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
I think she meant "Novembre", actually.

Are you a fan of Novembers Doom however?

I like Saturnus and Tiamat. I think my dislike for "Silent Enigma" era Anathema is now legendary though lol :)

yeah, Novembre :rolleyes: ...

Anathema just got ... I don't even know what to say... Even Alternative 4 and Judgement are not bad albums really... but of course, you can never compare the song Sweet Tears with A fine day to exit :erk: A band to remember, I guess.

Saturnus and Tiamat are great :)

About Novembers Doom...I only know the album The Pale Haunt Departure, and I really like it. I really like the song The Dead Leaf Echo.
Can you suggest any better albums/songs?
Cheers*

o_O I think that Novembers Doom is fast becoming my favorite Doom band. I've really given their latest album a lot of listens after a break..and started to notice things in the music I didn't before...And when the hell is Snapper/Plastichead going to have ND merchandise for sale:mad:

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
if you're a fan of slower melodic doom/death and songs like "The Dead Leaf Echo", then you'll probably enjoy our older cds such as "The Knowing" and "Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers".

Thanks..that's all i need to know..:)

Novembre doom metal? I don't hear it in the least, but they are one of my favorite bands. As for doom metal I like, I really haven't even listened to much in that genre. Novembers Doom is my favorite, obviously, but I also quite like My Dying Bride. Anathema's doom albums "The Silent Enigma" and "Pentecost III" are pretty good. Beyond Dawn's "Pity Love" is amazing, if that counts.