Votes: 9 16.7%
  • power metal

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • gothic metal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • classic metal

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
I voted for black metal. Just listen to Darkthrone, also known as the best band in the world, and you'll know why. Basicly, black metal music has the best atmosphere, composition, vocals, drums, anything.

Death metal is just boring. There are too many bands out there trying to be extreme, but they all fail. Morbid Angel is one of the few death metal bands that I really like.

Thrash metal is far better than death metal. It's extremely good. But there are too many bands doing the same thing, which is sad.

I guess that Manowar is power metal, so I like at least one band in the genre. Manowar is far superior to the other bands. They have good lyrics, and they never run out of ideas. As with every other genre, it's the German bands that ruins most of this too.

Gothic metal: I didn't know that they played metal in medieval times too?

Classic metal: It's all good. Almost.

Death metal, no competition. No other genre comes close to it in terms of variety, especially hybrid styles, and general instrument proficiency after progressive.

Neslepaks said:
Death metal is just boring. There are too many bands out there trying to be extreme, but they all fail. Morbid Angel is one of the few death metal bands that I really like.
Brodequin fails in that? How about Foetopsy or Enmity? Lykathea Aflame is anything but boring. I don't think you have heard the best shit, yet you are very quick to judge.

Neslepaks said:
I guess that Manowar is power metal, so I like at least one band in the genre. Manowar is far superior to the other bands.
If that isn't the most GAY, retarded, cheesy piece of heavy/horse/knight/superhero crap, then I don't know what is. Death to heavy/speed/power metal, bands like this one pollute the face of the planet and give metal a bad name.

Naggamanteh said:
Brodequin fails in that? How about Foetopsy or Enmity? Lykathea Aflame is anything but boring. I don't think you have heard the best shit, yet you are very quick to judge.
I hardly doubt Enmity and Foetopsy are the best bands to highlight the death/grind genre with.

Yeah, I should have included doom metal, I can't see how I forgot. But some doom bands, like Arcane Sun, My Dying Bride, Mourning Beloveth, early Anathema, early Paradise Lost, etc. are almost like slow death metal. Arcane Sun and Mourning Beloveth are my favorite doom metal bands.