Favourite Album Cover?

As I've said many times before, the cover shot of Morningrise inspired my to get into photography. It had a feel that I originally thought recapturing in my own way was a worthwhile enough venture to put the time in. Since, I've found many other rewarding aspects of photography, but the cover of Morningrise was very influential. I love it so.

Although, I must say that the cover of Soul Forlorn's "A Love So Dark" isn't bad either ...heh.
http://www.geocities.com/soulforlorn/DISCOGRAPHY.html

I must say that Soul Forlorn's CD "A Love So Dark" has now made my list of one of my favorite album covers!!! :eek: :eek: :D

Hoser that cover is simply amazing, I can't express how great that looks. Very Opethish... :D
Where did you get that photo??? What is it of..?

"We're Only in it for the Money"!! Of course, I feel silly not to have mentioned it earlier... "Weasels Ripped my Flesh" is also a wicked FZ cover. I also second "Who's Next", that's a great shot as well.

Thanks, Morningrise. It's actually a combination of 3 photos, manipulated in Adobe Photoshop (the best program EVER!). I apologize for my proverbial blowing of my own horn in my previous post (which, incidentally, is a very questionable expression), but I realized many of you probably haven't seen it yet. And when you're done, go to MP3.com and buy "A Love so Dark" - it's a great record.

I sure do agree with the praise that the Morningrise cover is receiving. The other booklet photos are amazing as well.

I really do think that the Orchid cover is in the same league, despite the relative simplicity. It is highly original and completely appropriate...I was fascinated by Opeth before I had even heard them when I saw a Terrorizer review adorned with this artwork.

I agree. Morningrise cover is brilliant. But the best photo I've ever seen is in the inner sleeve with the dark green forest shot of the gate. It's so good! It's the best picture. Just everything about it...it makes you wish you were standing there right now.

There are so many covers that I love that I'm sure to forget a few but here's what comes to mind at the moment:

Opeth- Morningrise and MAYH of course
Almost all the Iron Maiden covers
Rush- Fly by Night
Amorphis- Tales from the Thousand Lakes and the Black Winter
Day ep
Morbid Angel- Blessed Are the Sick
Just about all of the Iced Earth covers

I think I still like Still Life cover better, by a little; Blackwater Park and Morningrise are very good as well.

Other nice covers:

Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element
Dream Theater - Images and Words
Savatage - Gutter Ballet, Poets & Madmen
Angel Dust - Enlighten the Darkness
The Mission - Carved in Sand
Shadow Gallery - Carved in Stone

Hey justus x, you like Eric Johnson????
I absolutely love him!! I live here in Austin, Texas where he is from so we have a lot of pride down here because of him. I have seen him twice, he is one of the greatest guitar players alive!!

For Non-Opeth covers, I really like:

Any of Aphex Twin's "Manipulated" covers, especially Windowlicker. Made me double-take the first time I saw it.

Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses, and the photography inside is great too.

Tool - Aenima - This is the most original take on a standard (non-digipak) cd case I've seen. It has TWO Lenticular sections, and you can even put different pages of the booklet behind the screen and see neat things. Lateralus is also DAMN cool, with the slipcover, and the transparent booklet.

NIN - The Downward Spiral and all its remixes (Halos 7-10, 12) - I like the artist's work a lot.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - There's something too nifty about a guy on fire.

Old Man's Child - Born of the Flickering - Not your typical metal cover, with the face turning into the skull (not the crappy bat one they have now).