First Katatonia song you ever heard?

Deadhouse, downloaded on a friend's recommendation. Didn't like it. Went back to it later and loved it. Weird. But yeah, then I bought Discouraged Ones as my first album, and bloody awesome it is too.

That would be "No Good Can Come of This" on a Terrorizer covermount CD. I loved that song so much (Even though it was fighting a bloody battle with The Misfits' "Scream" on the same CD) but never really did anything about it. Then I got a girlfriend who was really into them and she persuaded me to invest in their CDs, which was good of her.

yeah, ID5 was a fucking kick ass compilation. Only five bucks too for all those tracks. That CD alone got me into Katatonia, Lacuna Coil, Cryptopsy, Skinlab, Turmoil (don't care for em anymore), Old Man's Child, Borknagar, and Opeth. Absolutely, fucking wicked CD. It's a great mix of music and I recommend it to anyone who can find it.

Saw you Drown
well that one was the first one I REALLY heard of them
I heard "Brave" like 6 months before but I was at a party and didn't pay attention to it

Well, it must be Midwinter Gates. I got Jhva Elohim Meth demo through tapetrading just after it was released. And M.G is the first song on it. Damn, it was over ten years ago... I´m getting old:eek:

I downloaded "For My Demons." I was in awe and to this day it remains as one of my favorite Katatonia songs. :)

a friend of mine sent me "i break"; i fell in love with that song and one week later i was the happy owner of katatonia's last three albums...

My first song was some from "For Funerals to come" I think. Put I liked only one riff on that album.
After a few years I heard "Discouraged Ones" the first track at first, I think, and this made me a fan.

i remember i downloaded for my demons, and found it very very good... but wanted more before i bought the cd, so i got I Am Nothing, and just as bleedingfilth said it, sort of just stared at the computer wide mouthed in amazement... :D

I Am Nothing...I reminded myself to get some Kataklysm songs, got the names confused, and got Katatonia instead. I liked it instantly, but thought it was some pretty weak death metal ;)

For my demons has to be one of their best songs
but my favorite is nightmares by the sea
I like it much more than the original one(which is good too)

I downloaded the original off of Kazaa and I liked it, but not as much as Katatonia's remake of it. Anyone know which band member's idea it was to do this?

For My Demons is also one of my favorite songs. One of the darkest songs I've heard.