Forget death/doom, ND is now death/emo!

I have to say: I am 50 yrs old, and have been listening to music( and have a musical background) for 35 yrs. Growing up, all I heard around my house--Frank Sinatra, Miles Davis, Vic Damone, Bill Evans etc etc. I believe I have a good base. Anyway, I am aeons away from being a fanboy. Would it not be safe to say that Novembers Doom are musicians who have remained true to their art. They will not compromise. That is deserving of my respect. And I enjoy the music that comes out of my speakers when I play Novembers Doom. And thats what it's all about. I hope this band continues to put forth quality material. I would say that's a no-brainer. Peace,man.

WOW! What else is there to add here?

All I know is that the reason I enjoyed Pale Haunt so much was that the lyrics really struck a chord with me. This is the album that made me look at "death metal" in a different light and made me say, "This really is 'thinking man's' music." It's not just a bunch of guys that sound like bears humping stumps in a forest (because that is what most non-metalheads think it sounds like). I am sorry you do not feel the same way, but that is OK. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

What bothers me is when people get "personal". There is no excuse for that and you should be ashamed of yourself. You don't like the album? Wait for the next one while you play the ones you do like. Do not attack the man or the band personally. That is uncalled for. You embarrass yourself and your fellow metalheads, especially to new recruit like me. Great first impression, pal.

xSamhainx said:
For what it's worth, which I realize aint shit at this point, I apologize.

Things get carried away rather quickly on the internet, and it's easy to keep up the fight. This does mean something, and I thank you saying it.

xSamhainx chose to complete this in a private message, so for everyone else, this thread has ended, and there's no need to continue on with this.

Glad to see this end. While I probably would have deleted the persons post, and banned him. I have to say, Paul is a stand up guy. And Samhain, you should be so lucky that he would forgive! You said some hurtful things! You the man Paul!

\m/ \m/

Just wanted to add one thing on this topic (which brought up many sub-topics).

I think it is great when bands alter the sound/style between albums.
The core sound is always there.

Even bands as staple as Iced Earth, Manowar, Helloween, etc vary styles between albums which make each unique.

No two ND albums have been a carbon copy of another one, and that is a good thing.........

This is one of the main reasons I can't listen to too much punk rock anymore. Some of my fav bands such as Bad Religion consistently put out the SAME album over and over, where you didn't even need to buy them anymore. Doesn't make for an interesting listen to me.

Jasonic said:
Just wanted to add one thing on this topic (which brought up many sub-topics).

I think it is great when bands alter the sound/style between albums.
The core sound is always there.

Even bands as staple as Iced Earth, Manowar, Helloween, etc vary styles between albums which make each unique.

No two ND albums have been a carbon copy of another one, and that is a good thing.........

This is one of the main reasons I can't listen to too much punk rock anymore. Some of my fav bands such as Bad Religion consistently put out the SAME album over and over, where you didn't even need to buy them anymore. Doesn't make for an interesting listen to me.

i agree with the punk stuff

I know, I know...

I was being an inconsiderate, narrow-minded asshole about the whole thing. Trust me when I say that I feel terribly ashamed, and considered deleting this name altogether. I often get going on something based on pretension, and instead of thinking "just drop it" when I sense opposition (and that perhaps that they may indeed be right), I am instead consumed with the "never surrender" mentality, even to my own detriment. I must one-up, justify, I must win... period. Perhaps I'm a bit whacked in that that way, that's just me, and it's something I need to keep in check.

Alas, in the end I am defeated not by bigger gun or harsher words, but by the reasonable words of the leader of the band, who as other people have stated, was far nicer and more forgiving to me than most would have been. Including myself!