Friday or Saturday? Which day are you more excited for?

I am most excited about:

• Friday

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 41 53.2%

• Total voters
A lot of people have expressed interest in this thread regarding Evenking. Due to the nature of this thread, I have to say i'm pleasently surprised to see so many either new fans, or ones coming out of the woodwork. I was really worried that most people wouldn't be giving them a chance.

A lot of people have expressed interest in this thread regarding Evenking. Due to the nature of this thread, I have to say i'm pleasently surprised to see so many either new fans, or ones coming out of the woodwork. I was really worried that most people wouldn't be giving them a chance.

Personal opinion follows/ Their music is okay - it's their vocalist that drags 'em down ... he's beyond hopeless. /Personal opinion ended

c.

So this poll pretty much happens every year and I know we are missing the pre-party bands but from the announced line up which day are you most excited about Friday or Saturday?

Friday:
Amorphis
Riverside
Iron Savior
Andromeda
Elvenking
Pathosray

Saturday:
Iced Earth
Jon Oliva’s Pain
Volbeat
Rob Rock
Spheric Universe Experience
Serenity
I voted for Friday because of IS, but the Saturday gigs will rule royally, especialy since IE and RR have been added!:worship:rock::kickass:

Personal opinion follows/ Their music is okay - it's their vocalist that drags 'em down ... he's beyond hopeless. /Personal opinion ended

c.

Oh, I understand completely. A guy on the blind guardian forum has the same opinion as you. He likes the music, but can't stand Damnagoras. Frankly, I think Damna really puts the band over the top for pure awesomeness. I love his voice, and EK without him just wasn't the same. He's gotten better over the albums, but I just liked the raw, unrefined talent he presented as a singer. Gives the songs a very unique style.

As a curiosity, have you listened to any of their 'ballads'? Their slower songs may be more of a good jolt for you, as his voice is remarkable in the following:

Skywards from Heathenreel
On the Morning Dew from The Winter Wake
Disillusion's Reel from The Winter Wake

I'd like to know if this changes your opinion at all.

Elvenking is one of the bands I had never listened to until their PP announcement. The thing about them that did it for me is their violin player. They make it work so well, and he makes the violin rock so awesomely :headbang: I am thoroughly looking forward to their performance.

Friday - 6 bands that I have never seen
Saturday - 4 bands that I have never seen

Friday wins.

NP - Evoken: Quietus

Elvenking is one of the bands I had never listened to until their PP announcement. The thing about them that did it for me is their violin player. They make it work so well, and he makes the violin rock so awesomely :headbang: I am thoroughly looking forward to their performance.

If u want a good band with a violin player, listen to Manegarm

Saturday's lineup is absolutely unbelievable! Friday will be cool, but I really do not know much about amorphis (although that will change soon) and what I heard of Riverside tends to bore me. But Savatage and Iced Earth with Barlow on the same night is the coolest concert ever.

Thats very cool to hear :) Elyghen is fucking awesome.