Fuck bedroom black metal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decadent said:
I'm fucking sick of it. Worthless kids who think they can write black metal in their bedrooms. It does no good for anyone, the scene, the fans, and it does horrible damage to MY FUCKING EARS.

Destroy your crappy 'kvlt' demo, and kill yourselves.

plz troll harder thx

V.V.V.V.V. said:
There's tons of so-called "horribly produced black metal" that's extremely good.
You misunderstood what I said. I enjoy bands like Leviathan and Fullmoon, so your comment doesn't apply to me.

By the way, it's not "horrible", it's "raw".
Tell me something I don't know.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
There's tons of so-called "horribly produced black metal" that's extremely good. By the way, it's not "horrible", it's "raw".
nope, its really horrible.

sorry, but raw doesnt cut it for me. i like to actually HEAR what is going on. i bet bands like darkthrone and burzum would be a million times better if i could listen to it and not have my ears bleed from "raw" production.

and yes, weve had this discussion over and over. now i must get back to writing my bedroom death metal.
~gR~

genocide roach said:
nope, its really horrible.

That would be called an opinion. I was referring to the actual name of the style of production exemplified by practically every black metal band in existence.

Ultimate_Symphony said:
You misunderstood what I said. I enjoy bands like Leviathan and Fullmoon, so your comment doesn't apply to me.

All you said was "Horribly produced black metal", which was pretty nondescript in the first place. I guess I just don't get what you're talking about. :err:

V.V.V.V.V. said:
All you said was "Horribly produced black metal", which was pretty nondescript in the first place. I guess I just don't get what you're talking about. :err:
Sorry, but i'm extremely tired to elaborate.

Jean-Pierre said:
haha, Black Metal. All BM bands today should quit the kvlt shit and aspire to be Metal as Fvck like Grand Belial's Key, Megiddo, or Deathspell Omega.

GBK is a perfect example of a band lacking any originality that is often touted as unique or even innovative. They draw some influence from NWOBHM and thrash, but mostly sound a lot like old GBH playing black metal. Don't get me wrong, they're amusing on occasion, but bring little to the table. Megiddo is a band that would be relevant if the were to've existed in 1984, but now, they're just a good tribute band. I like it, I'll admit, but am tired of seeing it heralded as more than it is. Deathspell Omega began as outright norsecore, but have developed into an interesting group, which pleases me.

Haha you think Deathspell Omega played "norsecore" even though their ideas were 500+ times more developed than any proclaimed "norsecore" band. Your opinion is null and fucking v01d.

Yeah, I think from first impressions they sound rather generic but when you delve deeper their old stuff is good. Not great, but good. Their latest is their best, though.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Haha you think Deathspell Omega played "norsecore" even though their ideas were 500+ times more developed than any proclaimed "norsecore" band. Your opinion is null and fucking v01d.

The early Deathspell Omega works(pre-SMRC, i think that abbreviation is correct) fall right into line with the rest of the Darkthrone clones. Your pseudo-elitist posturing(finally, this attack sticks to someone on the internet) makes you seem like johnny try-hard. Stop thinking that if you act assertive enough people will respect what you have to say.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Yeah, I think from first impressions they sound rather generic but when you delve deeper their old stuff is good. Not great, but good. Their latest is their best, though.

Yeah, I don't hate it by any means, but it's lacking in comparison with the upper echelon works. They've improved a lot recently.

Demiurge said:
The early Deathspell Omega works(pre-SMRC, i think that abbreviation is correct) fall right into line with the rest of the Darkthrone clones. Your pseudo-elitist posturing(finally, this attack sticks to someone on the internet) makes you seem like johnny try-hard. Stop thinking that if you act assertive enough people will respect what you have to say.

Pre-SMRC DS Omega was very good and had excellent usage of raw production with extremely abundant dissonant riffing, usage of atmosphere for a listening-improving experience (even though SMRC did better at that), actual changes in tempo, and absolutely no "grind" influence (the like of which is found on most "norsecore" bands resumes). I don't try hard, I'm merely right.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Pre-SMRC DS Omega was very good and had excellent usage of raw production with extremely abundant dissonant riffing, usage of atmosphere for a listening-improving experience (even though SMRC did better at that), actual changes in tempo, and absolutely no "grind" influence (the like of which is found on most "norsecore" bands resumes). I don't try hard, I'm merely right.
No...but you arnt right, and what the hell are you talking about...'extremely abundant dissonant riffing'. That doesnt even make sense. Or are you trying to sound intelligent?, if so...it isnt working...

Opus(sy)2 said:
No...but you arnt right, and what the hell are you talking about...'extremely abundant dissonant riffing'. That doesnt even make sense. Or are you trying to sound intelligent?, if so...it isnt working...

Extremely = very
Abundant = plentiful amounts [of]
Dissonant = jarring yet spacious and organic (musically speaking)
Riffing = guitar playing, in the form of riffs

Please don't tell me you don't get it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.