fuck Ozzfest, Gigantour is coming...

DementiaGuitar said:
Same here, but I think this is a freaking sweet tour. I do actually like one Fear Factory song, but none of their others. And I've never listened to Dillinger Escape Plan.

Same over here....I would be willing to listen to the band though...

I thought I posted on this too? Maybe it was deleted due to being a double-thread???

Anyways, I cannot wait for this. I believe this is the year of the festivals (ha ha).

This sounds like a GREAT tour... I love these tours that mix genres of metal, such as Death/Hammerfall, Amorphis/Moonspell/Kovenant/Armored Saint, Devin Townsend/Symphony X, and the like.

Yngvai X said:
And the headliners are Megadeth, Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Dillenger Escape Plan, and Nevermore.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=35062

Exactly. All those "support anything metal even if it's crap" people can take it and shove it. I'm so at this tour. I didn't think I'd see Megadeth if they were on their own.....but this sounds great. co-headlining with Dream Theater, and sticking some other cool bands on the bill. A good excuse to buy some Nevermore albums. The only band I really don't know on the bill is Fear Factory.

Emerald Sword said:
Actually, I love Megadeth, Dream Theater, and Nevermore. But, Dillinger Escape Plan and Fear Factory I could've done without. Especially when Anthrax, Testament, Exodus, and King Diamond were so heavily hyped to be possibilities on this. IMO, a huge disappointment.

well that would be great if were goin for an 80s reunion. its kinda important to have a few bands that are relevent today. and sadly testament and anthrax clearly are not.. remember they wanted a nice cross section of diff bands.
while i dotn necessarily like DEP but i see why they are on the bill.

Gonna be a busy summer! I'll definitely try to make this one if it comes near here, since the only band on the bill I'm not 'huge' on is D.E.P.
DT, Megadeth and Nevermore are cool of course, and I'm also a big fan of Fear Factory -- their Obsolete CD is one of my faves. This tour is a good excuse to play more FF on WREKage, too.... \m/

Aww, hell, I'll toss it in right now. :D

Hmmm, the second-stage bands intrigue me as well....there are some excellent possibilities for a diverse lineup there!

Is it just me, or does the NAME Dillenger Escape Plan make them sound like their gonna suck? Never gave them a chance, looked at their name, assumed it was CRAP.

Then again Pink Cream 69 isnt a metal name, and they rule...

Dillinger Escape Plan is definitively not for everybody... they play their own brand of hardcore, or mathcore, or however you want to call it... but their musicianship is top notch... completely amazing guitar and drums playing... the vox may turn some people off, as it is mainly hardcore scream...
if you appreciate musicianship in all of music check out calculating infinity, if you dl songs... download 43% burnt and you will see why they are on this tour... how I wish they could come someday to Mexico to see them :headbang:

Yeah, Dillinger Escape Plan is technical hardcore. They definitely fit into the "musicianship" category that Mustaine was talking about. Mike Patton did vocals on one of their EPs, if you like his work.

fotografo_amateur said:
Dillinger Escape Plan is definitively not for everybody... they play their own brand of hardcore, or mathcore, or however you want to call it... but their musicianship is top notch... completely amazing guitar and drums playing... the vox may turn some people off, as it is mainly hardcore scream...
if you appreciate musicianship in all of music check out calculating infinity, if you dl songs... download 43% burnt and you will see why they are on this tour... how I wish they could come someday to Mexico to see them :headbang:

You hit it on the head.... great live band.... I had a chance to see them back in 1998, and it was insane. that was before they got the new singer, but they brought there own light show and it was amazing.......not to big of a fear factory fan but what the hell, cant like them all........ :worship:

Moonchild141 said:
well that would be great if were goin for an 80s reunion. its kinda important to have a few bands that are relevent today. and sadly testament and anthrax clearly are not.. remember they wanted a nice cross section of diff bands.
while i dotn necessarily like DEP but i see why they are on the bill.
What does the 80's have to do with it? These were all bands heavily hyped on the rumor mill. Why is it that just because bands from back then are lumped into an "80's thing" when they tour together? I can have my opinion and I don't like DEP or care for Fear Factory. How do you know Testament and Anthrax aren't relevant today? Both are reuniting their best lineups and any of that stuff is better than DEP or Fear Factory. Who died and made you Joe Rock N' Roll anyway?

Metropolis Part 2 said:
Amen to that. I hate having to watch shows next to some Pseudo- Gawfic wearing really really bad clothing, fishnets and ridiculously shitty piercings.

Thanks for identifying those type of people as "pseudo" and not as real goths. Maybe my rants are starting to take effect :)

Whoah... hold on.... Emerald Sword calling a tour like this a "huge disappointment"? Moonchild saying bands have to be relevant today?

I think we're getting FAAAR too elitist around here. Come on! Calling it a huge disappointment? By getting some wickedawesome bands together that MegaDave has wanted to play with for years now? And being relevant? As if Led Zeppelin or Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton or Deep Purple are in any way more relevant, yet kids these days are STILL learning about them and digging their stuff, 35+ years later?

This ain't a reunion tour. This ain't a variety show. This ain't a record company shmozz. This ain't a publicity stunt.

It's a fistful of great metal. How people can be "disappointed" about seeing a helluva show, is beyond my comprehension. Same as people bitching about not getting THE perfect ProgPower lineup this year, and then blaming Glenn as if he needs to have the same taste in music as some complete stranger, and then NOT going to ProgPower, cuz it ain't 100% what they wanted.

Boo fuckin hoo.

It's a cheap ticket price, it's a bunch of great bands with maybe one or two I'm on the fence about, and I'm gonna go. And so should you.

Now, all of ya, knock off the elitist snobbery. You're acting like the waiter in Ferris Beuller's Day Off.

Originally posted by Pellaz
Fear Factory, "Resurrection" (one of my top 10 songs ever)

This was the song I was referring to when I said there's one Fear Factory song I like. Truly an awesome song.

And bravo to Bryan316's post, btw. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but only loving 3/5 of the bands on a tour hardly results in a huge dissapointment.

tattooedsean666 said:
I liked fear factory's first cd only but this tour is excellent. It gets boring if all tours are full of bands we all love or are all the same. You go to travelling fests or metalfests to not only see bands you love but to possibly see bands you might not have heard of or didn't exactly go crazy over on cd only to be amazed by their live sets.

Sean, since your into old school Anthrax, like I am, will you be checking out the Testament reunion as well?

I hope this tour comes to Atlanta. IMO it is better then Ozzfest. Announcements of 2nd stage bands can make this even better. Exodus, Testament, Overkill maybe headlining the 2nd stage would be killer.

I was thinking about that........maybe there good be at least one really good prog band on the second stage, since Dream Theater is co-headining.

...Or maybe even Kreator......then I'd get to see them even though I'm not seeing them on this tour.