Fuck System of a Down, they can suck my dick off

Whiplash402 said:
ironmaidenfan is a cool guy but man he has beef with every1...first metallica now SOAD

No no. I think the Metallica hating thread was from me. And that's for them not ever taking Anthrax on the road with them and forced Anthrax to have to tour with fuckers like Motley Crue in order to play in a large venue. I know alot of it has to do with managements and record labels. But you would think that a band with as much clout as Metallica, could dictate whoever the fuck they want to open for them. Why not Anthrax??

By the way, I've never been an SOAD fan. Nothing to do with the politics though. I just never really got into their groove. They'd have some cool heavy parts but as far as song structure goes, it just didn't all add up right to me. Hard to explain.

AlexStomp said:
By the way, I've never been an SOAD fan. Nothing to do with the politics though. I just never really got into their groove. They'd have some cool heavy parts but as far as song structure goes, it just didn't all add up right to me. Hard to explain.

I actually think they are a good band and talented. I liked their first CD a lot. But I will never give them my money or support them in any way. They don't deserve what they have.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
I actually think they are a good band and talented. I liked their first CD a lot. But I will never give them my money or support them in any way. They don't deserve what they have.

Hey Eddie Maiden - come on man. Just because they screwed up once doesn't mean they don't deserve their success.

I mean seriously I know most of us detest Metallica in their current form but how many would say they don't deserve their previous success based on a few bad albums against their previous albums.

There are a lot of bands that I don't like as people yet I still enjoy their music.

Come on man ... its Christmas :)

If it's a good song, I don't really give a shit about politics. But (a) the guys voice is super annoying and hard to listen to more than one song at a time without cringing or laughing, (b) any half decent riffs they have are ruined by long interludes of mediocrity, and (c) for all I hear talk about how "intelligent" and "satirical" their lyrics are, all I hear is a bunch of juvenile lines repeated over and over AND OVER AND OVER ad nauseum...it might have made a good line if it was part of a whole song, but when one line is your whole song, it's not a song. I hear many people talking about how Mesmerize was the best album of 2005, which tells me that these people haven't heard many albums from 2005 (they especially haven't heard COC's In The Arms of God or Bruce Dickinson's Tyranny of Souls which both blow Mesmerize away).

I picked up Mesmerize for $9.99 Canadian in a bargain bin, and it was about $15 more than it was worth. If anyone wants to buy a slightly used copy of it from me, I'll take whatever I can get for that piece of crap.

aliasp said:
Hey Eddie Maiden - come on man. Just because they screwed up once doesn't mean they don't deserve their success.

I mean seriously I know most of us detest Metallica in their current form but how many would say they don't deserve their previous success based on a few bad albums against their previous albums.

There are a lot of bands that I don't like as people yet I still enjoy their music.

Come on man ... its Christmas :)

These guys have been anti american the entire time they have been a band. I don't really care about their political views, I typically try to stay away from that. However these guys have gone out of their way to be arrogant dick heads and out of their way to show how much they don't like the Country they grew up in. These guys profit from the United States, they are millionaires thanks to the United States. If they are so pro- Armenia why not shut the fuck up, take the money they are making and give it all to their 'people?'

All that aside..

They completely disrespected that bitch Julia and the TV show that was only doing what they were supposed to do. The interview was set up by the band to promote their CD. They proved to the world that they are arrogant dick heads and have no class. I don't want to support something like that.

As far as Metallica goes, yes I fucking hate their music and don't like Lars.

I hate Metallica, SOAD, and the Oakland Raider fans. Thats my main hatred and I have valid reasons for each :)

theres two sides to every story i'm sure

anyhoo i heard a stack of albums from 2005 and for me mesmerize was hands down the best, haha tho i love the bruce dickinson comment:)

So if one is critical of one's leadership, one is anti-(insert name of state)? So call me anti-American.

Drokk said:
So if one is critical of one's leadership, one is anti-(insert name of state)? So call me anti-American.

I would even be antigovernment. I like to base my views on things I read, talk about and experience myself. The US deserves better than a cagemonkey.

spacebeer said:
WHo the fuck cares about that nu metal shit!

1) They aren't nu-metal 2) God forbid they don't play anything but straight thrash, ie see about everyone of your posts dissing Bush Anthrax........

AlexStomp said:
No no. I think the Metallica hating thread was from me. And that's for them not ever taking Anthrax on the road with them and forced Anthrax to have to tour with fuckers like Motley Crue in order to play in a large venue. I know alot of it has to do with managements and record labels. But you would think that a band with as much clout as Metallica, could dictate whoever the fuck they want to open for them. Why not Anthrax??

no he made name 5 good metallica songs in the last decade