Fuck The End Records (rant inside)

lurch70 said:
that's great!

what is the most annoying is people who have these bluetooth devices, basically talking in the air and walking ... they look like they are talking to themselves

agh, I fuckinghate that

I saw this girl I knew briefly in the supermarket the other day
around the same area I heard her speak and thought she was saying hello to me I said hi and she turned round looking confused but carried on a conversation...its like people think youre invading thier conversation when theyre yaking away right beside you
I wish they'd all fuck off

agh, when youre in a line waiting to get served and theres some fucking cunt shouting on a phone behind you
and you can't just walk away because youve just put petrol in your car

don't these fucks have any idea of personal space?

only 5 people have my cell phone number

Opeth17 said:
This is kind of the key point of the debate if you ask me. Interesting because I've always thought that this community was sort of cut off from the rest of the industry for a couple of reasons. I mean, maybe UM isn't representative of the greater metal world, but I've always thought that most of us bought albums instead of downloading them and that the ability to download was a tool, a means to an end (eg. sample music), not really the be all end all of how we obtain our music.

Don't metal folks generally believe that music is "art" as compared to "entertainment" and doesn't that viewpoint generally lead to us wanting the ENTIRE product, not just the base. And doesn't it also mean that we're more likely to want to support the artists, labels etc. because of how we feel about our "art"?

The "mainstream" is undoubtedly different than we are when it comes to this, so even if the "ipod age" reigns supreme there, how much are we really going to be affected by it? How many of us own record players, listen to vinyl and weren't born in the timeframe where that would have been a reasonable medium? A lot. I don't think ANYONE that listens to rap or pop or whatever owns a single tape let alone vinyl, so I think that at least speaks volumes for how disconnected we are from them and why all this mp3 nonsense isn't THAT big of a deal right now.

Music isn't the only thing I collect and I tend to think that this community has a "collector's mentality" where we cherish owning actual product whereas "normal" people who listen to one hit wonders, whatever is on the radio and used to buy entire CDs for one song are probably understandly going to turn to a cheaper alternative because they are transitional people that don't really care about high quality ALBUMS and listening to something that has been out since '85 and that they will continue to enjoy for the next 20 years. It's just a completely different thought process and even though this argument doesn't really apply to a lot that has been said in this thread, I still think it is an interesting discussion. So, how much does listening to metal differentiate us from everyone else and how does it dictate how we might be receiving our music in the future compared to them?

Is it just me or does Opeth17 post more in one message than most of us do in an entire week?

unhinged said:
agh, I fuckinghate that

I saw this girl I knew briefly in the supermarket the other day
around the same area I heard her speak and thought she was saying hello to me I said hi and she turned round looking confused but carried on a conversation...its like people think youre invading thier conversation when theyre yaking away right beside you
I wish they'd all fuck off

agh, when youre in a line waiting to get served and theres some fucking cunt shouting on a phone behind you
and you can't just walk away because youve just put petrol in your car

don't these fucks have any idea of personal space?

only 5 people have my cell phone number

I think it's hilarious that the person on the phone is the one invading YOUR personal space. Maybe it's YOU invading theirs?

Erik - if I had a dig at you, then I apologize. But I only reacted because you started throwing UPPER CASE words at me. Anyway, can we be friends again and hold hands and skip in the rain?

I just want an mp3 player with a built in FM transmitter, with good battery life.

I'm almost considering Ipods, just because of those niffty Itrip things.

For now I use an FM transmitter with a cigarette lighter adaptor.

I use my mp3 player in a lot of different vehicles/farm machinery, so a simple auxillary jack isn't really possible. Unless I put it in everything I drive.

FM transmitters work pretty well for me.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I think it's hilarious that the person on the phone is the one invading YOUR personal space. Maybe it's YOU invading theirs?

of course theyre invading mine!
by dragging me into thier little worlds of petty shite
maybe thats what you meant :erk:

but I have no desire for people to listen in on my conversations, theyre private
I can't understand why other have to be so....er....invasive in a reverse manner

It's safe to say that if the nearest Wal-Mart is 40 miles away, an FM transmitter will work just peachy-keen.

It's doubly safe to say that if you live near anything resembling civilization, an FM transmitter is about as useful as a refrigerator outside of an igloo.

unhinged said:
of course theyre invading mine!
by dragging me into thier little worlds of petty shite
maybe thats what you meant :erk:

but I have no desire for people to listen in on my conversations, theyre private
I can't understand why other have to be so....er....invasive in a reverse manner

I'm sorry, I can't agree with you. I have every right to have my mobile phone conversation when & wherever I need to have it. It's related to my work, it's what I do.

Like I said, I have perfect etiquette when using a cellphone, but don't say I'm not allowed to be sitting in a cafe sipping a coffee talking business. Maybe you're not, dunno.

thats diferent
I'm talking about people who deliberatly want the whole shop to know they got fucked last night or at the least that they have someone to talk to

I think this is really more about manners than phones
I don't like bad manners

unhinged said:
thats diferent
I'm talking about people who deliberatly want the whole shop to know they got fucked last night or at the least that they have someone to talk to

I think this is really more about manners than phones
I don't like bad manners

1000% agreed, those people suck, and it most certainly more about their poor manners than it is the phones. Though in this instance, the phone is yet one more medium for someone to demonstrate their poor manners, you know what I mean?