Fuck The End Records (rant inside)

JayKeeley said:
You own an iPOD, so:

Eventually you'll get a car stereo that comes with an iPOD adapter. One day, all car stereos will have this feature whether you want it or not.

People travel more and more for work and they don't want to carry a carry case full of CDs (like I used to). And what happens if you lose that CD carry case?

Listening at home is nice, but now people are buying speaker systems to plug into the iPOD device.

The concept of a physical device spinning on a pivot with an optical reader converting those bits and bytes into sound is archaic. Static memory isn't prone to scratches either.

I'm not disputing any of that (and I had a means of using my iPod in the car; it sucked).

I'm just saying these people are the vast minority right now, and will be so for longer than you think - I'm just guessing the same as you though.

MadeInNewJersey said:
MOST people buy magazines, newspapers & books. MOST people buy CDs or whatever.

Oh man....this couldn't be more wrong.

The internet took off in the early 90's and it's only 2006. Look at where we are today compared to back to when websites were just text pages.

Are you saying that alongside this increasing trend of digital information sharing, there has been a steady incline of people buying physical media?

Did you know there are more cellphones now than there are "landline" phones? These phones are becoming more and more incredible where one day you might get a phone, PDA, & MP3 player all in one. But you know, that might not happen for another 50 years. :loco:

Hey, I personally welcome and almost always take advantage of new technologies. That doesn't mean I don't buy CDs or buy books or magazines, does it?

Do you know how much the circulation and readership of major daily newspapers has declined in the past 30 years?

I'm not saying I don't like having the CD. I'm just saying I spend so much money on buying music, that I'd love to find a good way to cut that cost in half . . . or more likely, I'd double the music I bought.

There is a happy medium. Technology should also be our #1 most feared enemy. It, in the wrong hands, is devastating. I, personally, feel that it is getting way out of hand lately.

Doomcifer said:
There is a happy medium. Technology should also be our #1 most feared enemy. It, in the wrong hands, is devastating. I, personally, feel that it is getting way out of hand lately.
q4t

i mean there are obviously great sides to it but i wonder if the price we're going to have to pay isn't too fucken high

Doomcifer said:

Good point. I'm worried about androids from the future coming back to kill me because of all the work I've been doing. I can't say much, but it involves stopping this massive computer the military operates. The computer is starting to tell the military what to do. It's only a matter of time before . . . well, I shouldn't go there.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I had a means of using my iPod in the car; it sucked).

Mark - the Kenwood new models look AMAZING. Like something out of "Pimp my Ride" :lol: Seriously, some of them even have LCD screens so you can view your video footage.

Right now, car manufacturers are ensuring all their cars off the factory line come equipped with USB ports. Believe it or not, this is going to be a "default":

usb180.jpg

And this on top of XM or Sirius....

Doomcifer said:

you don't even like cellphones though, so your opinion is null & void on the topic :loco: