Funeral Doom Bands

entanglement

Jan 30, 2006
France
Rank these in order of your liking, or the general quality of funeral doom music they have created till now....

Amaranthine Trampler
Catacombs
Elysian Blaze
Esoteric
Funeral
Funeral Orchestra
Fungoid Stream
Monolithe
Mournful Congregation
Pantheist
Planet Aids
Remembrance
Shape of Despair
Skepticism
Stabat Mater
Tyranny
Worship
Wreck of the Hesperus

:headbang:

Actually I own Monolithe I and II, and I wanna know which one of the above mentioned bands I should buy next... perferably something along the similar style?

Btw that list was given to me by a friend of mine... I wanna know the majority peoples opinion about these bands before I try them out...

Thanks.

Shape of Despair
Esoteric
Skepticism

I recently heard the first skepticism which sounded like a funeral IN HELL. :headbang:

I have not heard any of the other bands on the list besdies these three. I'm more into traditional doom.

I need waaaaay more of this genre! So far I have Mournful Congregation's latest, Thergothon's full-length, Esoteric's latest (which probably isn't even funeral doom) but I really fucking need to get Skepticism's Stormcrowfleet and Aes!

Tyranny is up there, so Wormphlegm should be too

Also try Wraith of the Ropes, The Ethereal, Mausoleum, and The Liquescent Horror
The Living Fields is pretty good too

I always assume someone who is looking into Funeral Doom knows of Thergothon.

How the hell could someone not??

True.

Fungoid Stream are fantastic, but are halfway between ambient composition type stuff and funeral doom. Still, excellent band. I also recommend the side project Qhwertt, though I could never find the CD, just some d/ls on Audiostreet.

Try out Foetor too. Super obscure and awesome.

Esoteric's early stuff is funeral doom, but their new stuff is kinda not...

You might also like some Stijn Van Cauter projects...he's kinda drab at times, but I like Until Death Overtakes Me and Beyond Black Void...

Thergothon, Skepticism, and Evoken are the only ones I've heard.

I am currently downloading some Unholy and Esoteric as we speak.