General Chat Thread: waves hello

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
Hello!! I see Wheezer and Majesty! Howz things?

Hawk, was thinking we could have a general chat thread so if someone is on you could say hello and b.s. have an idle chatter thread. Any chance of making it a sticky?

Actually thats a good idea. It would be a good tread to tell people whats going on in our lives.
Its been a long time since we had some community based treads. I am happy to see them popping up now. :D

My contribution; I am have a mild case of the flue at the moment. The last two days have been bad but today is
the first day I am feeling much better. I hope nobody else is being sick at the moment.

Hawk said:
My contribution; I am have a mild case of the flue at the moment. The last two days have been bad but today is
the first day I am feeling much better. I hope nobody else is being sick at the moment.

ugh :yuk: hope you're feeling better soon. Had the flu a couple weeks ago, no fun staying home from work when you feel like poo.

Tough luck Hawk. Either:

1. boil lemongrass, aloe and lemon in water. Filter, let it cool. Add sugar to taste. Drink hot three times a a day
  2. loratidine for the congestion, ambroxol+dextrometorphan for the cough, acetaminophen if feverish

To prevent get a shot yearly and intake daily 500-1000 mg of vitamin C (unless any medical condition prevents it)

My last flu last one day (a week ago), and that''s has been the case for the last 6 years or so.

I just came from the gym, catching breath while typing :D

NP: Ring Of Fire - 'Saint Fire'

Hello, one and all...:wave:

Hope you fell better soon Hawk. I've been pretty fortunate the past number of years, not much in the way of illness for me. I also do take better care of myself than I used to, in my younger years. :D

Hi Back rokk! :wave:

No sickness here at the moment, thank God. A month ago, I thought I was going to die.

Buried in work though, designing two NASCAR driver websites (at the same time) in addition to co-authoring a murder mystery set in NASCAR. This be my busy season, juggling two careers. I can't wait for April when I'm back to one focus, writing.

NP: BITCH - Be My Slave

Currently healthy, working some long hours with 80+ servers to update.
In the process of doing a re-fi on the house, and taking enough money out so I have a decent nest egg for a while, even if the job goes away. Getting psyched for Prog Power, and it's 8 months away!
Get well everyone! I smoke, drink, and :::::knocks on wood:::::: haven't been flu sick for over 2 years.
I call it the Lemmy syndrome! :D
J-Dubya

Hawk said:
I hope you get well fast man!!!

Thanks a lot to those that wished me well; kittybeast, Wyvern, TheWhisper, rokk, and of course the one and only T_man357 :D

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Hi Back rokk!

No sickness here at the moment, thank God. A month ago, I thought I was going to die.

Buried in work though, designing two NASCAR driver websites (at the same time) in addition to co-authoring a murder mystery set in NASCAR.
This be my busy season, juggling two careers. I can't wait for April when I'm back to one focus, writing.

NP: BITCH - Be My Slave

I'll be looking forward to your murder mystery thats set in a NASCAR surrounding! Will you keep us informed about this? I can see a movie coming! And I might be ordering that book! :p

J-Dubya 777 said:
Currently healthy, working some long hours with 80+ servers to update. In the process of doing a re-fi on the house, and taking enough money out so I have a decent nest egg for a while, even if the job goes away. Getting psyched for Prog Power, and it's 8 months away!
Get well everyone! I smoke, drink, and :::::knocks on wood:::::: haven't been flu sick for over 2 years. I call it the Lemmy syndrome!
J-Dubya

Damn buddy, I wish I had that syndrome! What is a re-fi?? :confused:

Orklord said:
He is everything also fine.
Learning Cisco, because I have to pass that exam.

Is Cisco computer program similar to SAP? Or am I totally wrong here?
Are you a student or do you have a job?

Hawk said:
I'll be looking forward to your murder mystery thats set in a NASCAR surrounding! Will you keep us informed about this? I can see a movie coming! And I might be ordering that book! :p
Yes, sir, I will keep you informed, probably through my signature! We're only writing the first draft now, though, so publication is still a long way off. In other words, don't start holding your breath yet!

Do you watch NASCAR over there on your side of the world, Hawk?

I've just been doing quick drive-bys on UMOS because I'm so busy elsewhere on the net -- two different Broncos forums. My best friend managed a trip out from Iowa for the game Saturday and somehow managed to stay for the week and go to the the championship game this coming Sunday.

Hawk, hope you're feeling better. I might be coming down with something myself. Not sure yet as I haven't gotten my normal amount of sleep this week. :erk:

TSO, sounds like an interesting premise for a book. I'll look forward to that!

And everyone else a big :wave: and howya doin'!

Wheezer said:
I've just been doing quick drive-bys on UMOS because I'm so busy elsewhere on the net -- two different Broncos forums. My best friend managed a trip out from Iowa for the game Saturday and somehow managed to stay for the week and go to the the championship game this coming Sunday.

Hawk, hope you're feeling better. I might be coming down with something myself. Not sure yet as I haven't gotten my normal amount of sleep this week. :erk:

TSO, sounds like an interesting premise for a book. I'll look forward to that!

And everyone else a big :wave: and howya doin'!
Hey Wheezer...Have you ever seen Supermax???
I saw a documentary the other day and the one in Colorado was the first prison of it's kind...Just curious if you've ever seen it..

T_man357 said:
Hey Wheezer...Have you ever seen Supermax???
I saw a documentary the other day and the one in Colorado was the first prison of it's kind...Just curious if you've ever seen it..

Just from the outside. :D It's big and you can see the glint of all that razor wire from a long way away. My grandparents live in the next town over from where it's located. That's also where Colorado's state pen is. And, of course, the women's facility. They're all different facilities but in the same general area.

That's a cool area to visit. The Royal Gorge bridge is right there and a gorgeous national forest.