General Chat Thread: waves hello

Wyvern said:
Are you drinking enough liquid? See if you can get some herbal tea for the flu, I'm more inclined to medicinal chemistry but sometimes natural products may be effective too.

Hope you recover soon.

I take goldenseal with echinacea daily. I'm more inclined to take the holistic approach to illness than sitting in a Dr.'s office with a bunch of sick of people who will give me something else.:ill: and usually he says " you're sick, go home, stay off work, get lots of rest and you don't need antiboitics"

kittybeast said:
you don't need antiboitics"

Actually that's right unless you have a bacterial infection antibiotics will do nothing over viruses like is the common flu for instance.

Besides the indiscriminate use of antibiotics also create more resistant strain of bacteria which in term become more dangerous diseases.

If not you can always try to ingest massive quantities of tequila with salt. The pathogens get drunk and kill each other with rocks :loco:

Wyvern said:
Actually that's right unless you have a bacterial infection antibiotics will do nothing over viruses like is the common flu for instance.

Besides the indiscriminate use of antibiotics also create more resistant strain of bacteria which in term become more dangerous diseases.

If not you can always try to ingest massive quantities of tequila with salt. The pathogens get drunk and kill each other with rocks :loco:

Much like Dr. Wyvern said.....

Sometimes an ear/sinus/throat infection can occur with the flu and antibiotics are designed for that type of thing (ala a bacterial infection) but very little will help you "cure" the flu itself which is viral. Staying hydrated is the absolute biggest thing. A multivitamin could possibly help, however. the natural vitamins in foods tend to be absorbed better by the body than some pill. A vegetable juice, orange juice and banana can't hurt. Potassium is often depleted and a banana can help restore that. Other vitamins come from the oj and vegetable juice. Fever is no good, so break it, if possible with acetominephen or aspirin if you can tolerate it.
Find the best cold medicine for you to treat the symptoms. There is no right or wrong antihistimine nor decongestant etc. Different ones work differently for different people. Stay away from a cough suppressant in the latter stages as you want the coughs to be productive. "Look honey that one was the size of a golf ball." Of course Wyvern was joking about the tequila, but alcohol is a no no. Actually, one beer would be fine because beer is healthy for you less the alcohol. Alcohol is a diuretic (makes you pee water out of your body) and will dehydrate you, though so I would keep it down to one drink. Get plenty of rest, but don't lay in the bed (or couch) all day. Having the flu is no time to run a marathon or even have serious exercise, but move around a little a few times a day to get your blood circulation up a little. Your body firghts the infections better with good blood circulation.
Lastly, unless you have serious high blood pressure, drink a large sports drink as opposed to water. I don't know if Gatorade is sold in Europe but less the sodium (which is a bad thing for blood pressure,) nothing hydrates a body better except an IV.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Of course Wyvern was joking about the tequila, but alcohol is a no no. Actually, one beer would be fine because beer is healthy for you less the alcohol.
Bryant

I was joking? :loco:

Not even a beer, especially if you're taking:

• antibiotics
  • antihistaminics
  • any type of psychotropics
Alcohol has the bad tendency to sinergize or to antagonize most pharmaceuticals ergo you either kick the body extremely hard or kill the benefitial effect of the drug.

In general terms also since antibiotics disrupt the gasthroinstestinal work it's advisable to take them with light food or some intestinal balancer (like Lacteol).
As for antihistaminics tend to make people drowsy or sleepy so beware of alcohol when taking them.

UMOS-ER division :p

When I get a bad a cold, NOT the flu, my home remedy is:

a double dose of Adult Ny-Quil + 1 New Castle brown ale, drink quick, but DON'T chug. You'll get about about 14 hours of sleep, and feel a million times better....

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
When I get a bad a cold, NOT the flu, my home remedy is:

a double dose of Adult Ny-Quil + 1 New Castle brown ale, drink quick, but DON'T chug. You'll get about about 14 hours of sleep, and feel a million times better....

J-Dubya
I'm no doctor, but.....it CAN'T be good to mix Nyquil with alcohol:p

Wanna sleep big time?

Dormicum + ciclobenzaprin. Of course I will deny I advice anyone to do such a mix, I'm famous for my drug cocktails. I have survived so far to all of them, but I did lost one day on a diazepam overdose once
a010.gif

kittybeast said:
hence the passing out and sleeping for 14 hours!:tickled:

It works on me! Seriously! ...and I'm no light weight!
It WILL make you oblivious to everything, especially
when work tries to call you at home. It's like an over the counter coma!
:Spin:

J-Dubya

Wyvern said:
Wanna sleep big time?

Dormicum + ciclobenzaprin. Of course I will deny I advice anyone to do such a mix, I'm famous for my drug cocktails. I have survived so far to all of them, but I did lost one day on a diazepam overdose once
a010.gif

I lost a week on vicodin after my double hernia surgery in 2004...
I was taking 8 a day (per my perscription!) and was happy when Regis & Kelly
were on TV in the morning. I KNEW I was messed up big time! I quit after a week since I was kind of taking a liking to the buzz I got from them. Some people don't react at all to vikes...... NOTHING beats morphine though,
I got 2 doses in the recovery room and remember the warm wave washing over me, & reaching euphoria. That's probably how they got the catheter out!
:yell:

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
I lost a week on vicodin after my double hernia surgery in 2004...
J-Dubya

OK you won :D

I awoke a bit ago still in my pijamas and bathless (hence the odor). Planning on doing shit the rest of the day although I may go out to the cemetery later (my Dad's anniversary).

I love the sheer idleness of Sunday but I hate that it's the prelude to Monday and work :yuk:

NP: High Power - 'Alcool'

zeppelin said:
Has anybody seen "Fear and loathing in Las Vegas"?
I think those guys pretty much tried everything ... including ether.

:lol: Great movie! An even better book though.

Reading through Jim Morrison, John Belushi, Elvis and other star biographies...those dudes did some serious drugs. I can't image being so high on pot, drinking alcohol, sniffing some coke, popping pills all in the same day...absolutely insane....and ultimately what led to their deaths.

On the other hand you have someone like Shannon Hoon(Blind Melon), who while on tour said he needed to go into re-hab and the tour manager wouldn't even give him a week off, everyone said no...just deal....so he did and he died of an overdose at the age of 23 I believe.

kittybeast said:
Reading through Jim Morrison, John Belushi, Elvis and other star biographies...those dudes did some serious drugs. I can't image being so high on pot, drinking alcohol, sniffing some coke, popping pills all in the same day...absolutely insane....and ultimately what led to their deaths.

Sounds like my younger days along with LSD and E:ill: !