General Chat Thread: waves hello

zeppelin said:
Has anybody seen "Fear and loathing in Las Vegas"?
I think those guys pretty much tried everything ... including ether.

Great movie, and I love the ether part especially because I love it's aroma. I never used to the point of getting high or pass out, but surely enjoy a deep breathe when I open a bottle of it. Along with ethanol is one of the coolest solvents you can use :D

I had a terrible day, we are in the middle of an ISO certification and one of the auditors is a real square! It took me over an hour to make him understand a simple 1+1 type of problem.
To make things worst I have to walk with the asshole all across the plant to check the installation and I have an infection on my toe, so walking with steel-toed boots really killed my feet. I just clean the blood and pus (sadly I didn't had a digital camera :D) and make some sort of cure since tomorrow I'll have to continue.

I'm so damn battered, but I get an invitation to go out with a chick so something good came out of it (everybody crossing fingers for the bald romeo :lol: )

Also my friend Darren (who's a music promoter) confirmed me that he's bringing Helloween on March 23 :hotjump: , I hope I can meet the guys and get my CDs signed.

NP: Motorhead - 'Killers'

Wyvern said:
I'm so damn battered, but I get an invitation to go out with a chick so something good came out of it (everybody crossing fingers for the bald romeo :lol: )
Hey good luck Wyv', crossing fingers for you :Spin:

Many things are changing in my life right now, first of all I'm moving from the south of the country to Paris area, new flat, new job (at last!), probably new friends, new other things as well... same music tastes though :loco:

Fangface said:
Hey good luck Wyv', crossing fingers for you :Spin:

Many things are changing in my life right now, first of all I'm moving from the south of the country to Paris area, new flat, new job (at last!), probably new friends, new other things as well... same music tastes though :loco:

Thanks mon ami, and good luck to you too. Living in Paris must be something different even for a national. I have a friend who resides/study there but I hadn't contact her in a long time.

What about the new job? Tell more :wave:

NP: Stream Of Passion - 'Embrace The Storm'

Hi!
I'm uhm as you've all noticed, rather busy at the moment ;) Combining 2 studies takes a lot of time, and beside that I organise major parties and so on :D
I was wondering, is anyone here going to the next KIT? Grim Reaper is playing!!! =)

Griffin- said:
Hi!
I'm uhm as you've all noticed, rather busy at the moment ;) Combining 2 studies takes a lot of time, and beside that I organise major parties and so on :D
I was wondering, is anyone here going to the next KIT? Grim Reaper is playing!!! =)

Hey Griffin.

Good to see you again. What are you studying? And yes last year Carnut and me went to KIT. We met Fangface there. Really cool festival.

We will be going this year in April as well. So see you there!

Good thing you're going coming April (so am I). I'm studying philosophy now, and I'm following subjects from literature sciences every now and then. All lots of fun, but lots of reading as well!

Griffin- said:
Good thing you're going coming April (so am I). I'm studying philosophy now, and I'm following subjects from literature sciences every now and then. All lots of fun, but lots of reading as well!

Thats very cool to hear! Please keep me updated. :)

Griffin- said:

My daughter the philosopher (sounds like Death) and I hoped she became a doctor :loco:

What's up everybody? :wave:

Tonight I'm going to see the Mojo Gurus at a club here in Tampa. They are basically the boys from Roxx Gang, but as MJ they play a kinda bluesy, rootsy, rev-up rockabilly style.

Griffin- said:
haha too bad! philosphers are the docters of life! :D

Yeah but a physician makes way more than a philosopher :Spin:

Wyvern said:
Yeah but a physician makes way more than a philosopher :Spin:

Actually thats not true. The work of the philosopher make the work of the physician possible. The second branch of philosophy is epistemology, that branch defines how to acquire knowledge, what real knowledge is, how to check your knowledge, what logic is and how to use it.

It was philosophy that made the modern development of science possible. It deals with the development of the 'scientific methodology, including the proper methodology of the medical science.

Philosophy is the mother of all scientific thinking. I know the scientific method is taken for granted but a few hundred year back before the enlightenment people had no intellectual framework to judge the validity of a statement or a hypotheses. Even more, the thought of a hypotheses and what it does was still unknown to them.

Only the development of philosophy made that possible.

Hawk said:
Actually thats not true.

Sorry maybe I didn't used the phrase properly. Makes way more was in the sense of making more money :cool:

Nevertheless that was a beautiful post Hawk :wave:
***********************************************************************************************************

Well we passed the ISO (9001 and 14001) audit, or at least we got just a few nonconformances that had to be solved in a month term to get the final certification. We have been on a cerebral burning out rollercoaster since Wednesday, and since I was appointed several months ago Top Management Representative (the person who have to kick everybody's ass and who gets all the blame if the thing fails) it had me on the verge of going postal.

So finally I returned to the gym to waste some energy and get my adrenaline low, nothing like Blind Guardian and Savage Circus while pumping iron to sweat all your worries away :D

NP: Pharaoh - 'Never, Not Again'

Wyvern said:
Sorry maybe I didn't used the phrase properly. Makes way more was in the sense of making more money :cool:

Aha. I misunderstood. Yea you do make more money. :)
I like it when people make a lot of money. I wish everybody would make a lot of money. Thats in fact the only way to solve poverty.

At least, thats how I see it.

Wyvern said:
Nevertheless that was a beautiful post Hawk :wave:
***********************************************************************************************************

:oops: Thanks my friend.

Wyvern said:
Well we passed the ISO (9001 and 14001) audit, or at least we got just a few nonconformances that had to be solved in a month term to get the final certification. We have been on a cerebral burning out rollercoaster since Wednesday, and since I was appointed several months ago Top Management Representative (the person who have to kick everybody's ass and who gets all the blame if the thing fails) it had me on the verge of going postal.

Hey you must feel great now you have that behind you. Today you can lay back and shoot the breeze!! :p

Wyvern said:
So finally I returned to the gym to waste some energy and get my adrenaline low, nothing like Blind Guardian and Savage Circus while pumping iron to sweat all your worries away :D

NP: Pharaoh - 'Never, Not Again'

Years ago I used to do that on Priest and Motorhead. I used to go together with a good friend of mine. The first few times we came there the owner has this muzak shit playing. After a few visits we got to know the owner really well. He was a very cool guy and it turned out he liked metal!!

So we brought him some candy! :D :headbang: It sure as hell made our session more energetic I can tell you that. A metal gym is simply a brilliant place to be.

Hawk said:
Actually thats not true. The work of the philosopher make the work of the physician possible. The second branch of philosophy is epistemology, that branch defines how to acquire knowledge, what real knowledge is, how to check your knowledge, what logic is and how to use it.
yeah that's the best part!
And I'd prefer to make less money and study something that I like, instead of studying something I don't like.

Since this is a talking thread, I thought I'd share my latest purchase with you. It's a Takamine G - Series, a fine accoustic - shameless braggin':loco:

Takamine2.jpg

Griffin- said:
yeah that's the best part!
And I'd prefer to make less money and study something that I like, instead of studying something I don't like.

AHA! You are my daughter after all. Please yhe youngters take a note, when you have the opportunity of go into college and eventually become a professional, remember that it's not a game, it's the rest of your life. So be sure to pick something that will fulfill you expectations as a person, and if by any chance it's a monetray compensation on the side then the better. bUt please don't walk the next 40-50 years of your productive life in bitterness.

Hawk said:
Aha. I misunderstood. Yea you do make more money. :)
I like it when people make a lot of money. I wish everybody would make a lot of money. Thats in fact the only way to solve poverty.

At least, thats how I see it.

That's my philosophy too :D As a matter of fact the few I remember from my university days when we had philosophy (and Marx amongs them) it's that the way to achive true marxims was in rich countries so they can have enough dough to centralize production and make everybody truly equal but not at expense of the population.

Ergo, I want an indecent amount of money :hotjump: