When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

maybe we should open a nostalgia thread:lol: Speaking in childhood programs, this one is pretty classic:
caverna-do-dragao.jpg

UNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII:lol::lol:

I need to confirm with one of you guys, i saw a rumor that ulver back to play black metal songs, is that real?

Sigurðr;9069507 said:
I need to confirm with one of you guys, i saw a rumor that ulver back to play black metal songs, is that real?

They played "I trollskog faren vild" at one show in Italy, I think.
Their next album is going to be covers of old psychedelic rock songs from the '70's if my memory serves me right.

When I saw Ulver last week a guy shouted "I TROLLSKOG FAEN VILD!!!" when they entered the stage and Garm was like "Oh, is that how this is going to be"

Nostalgia:
Cowabunga!
By the power of Grayskull! I have the power!

what the hell is that?
i think it was known with another name here, italian dubbing always change title, i don't know why....so i suppose is this:

236px-Jeeg-vol2.jpg

it was called jeeg robot d'acciaio (steel's robot jeeg, more or less)

The same one. The names were totally changed when translating. Hiroshi - the elvis-like rider- was called on spanish Febo...WTF! Kotetsu means (of) steel I think.

About Ulver, it seems like a bad idea to play that song from Bergtatt. Even if I truly love their first albums, I can help to think that their shows will be filled by black metal fans asking and waiting for those songs, which don't realize that their 'black trilogy' is just a small part of the band' discography and they don't make metal anymore since ages.

Im sure the black metal fans are completely aware of Ulver not being black metal anymore. Black metal fans may not be as ignorant and stupid as you think.

Maybe I said it wrong... I was talking about the expectation of playing at least 1 black metal track when it's obvious that the chances of that happening should be minimal, if not, inexistant. I probably exaggerated saying 'filling the venue' or something like that, but the amount of people that loves their first albums and hate/dislike the rest it's not small, besides I know a good share of people that would atttend an Ulver gig just for listening that one song being performed - which is really stupid.

Maybe, but I've always felt that metal has a higher concentration of bone-heads. Might just be because most of the times I am in huge crowds of people, those people are metal heads.
generally i feel like this in a crowd where i totally don't fit in, like f.ex. a crowd on a Queen's Day here in NL (last week) or in the middle of the biggest shopping street on saturday. Makes me sick :puke:and reminds me every time exactly why i'm a misanthrope. A metal crowd is actually one of the very few crowds i usually feel right at home in. Have yet to meet a dumb metalhead too, but then again i don't meet that many people at all.

... through the door, you mean. Crowd capacity at those functions is reduced by 30% because of the obesity of ICP fans.

Ahaha I think one of my favorite videos of all time is Andrew WK playing at Gathering of the Juggalos 08. That's real life trolling at its finest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahaha I think one of my favorite videos of all time is Andrew WK playing at Gathering of the Juggalos 08. That's real life trolling at its finest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUOvnbCtnVQ

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

that video is fucken AWESOME HOLY SHIT

EPIC TROLL

Who the fuck is Andrew WK? He deserves to be made a motherfucking honorary viking for that act of defiance

Tyr if you're still around, i just want to say i'm going to miss you! :erk: you seem a nice guy, you're a great bassist, you moderated this forum well, i guess you won't be doing that anymore will you... I sincerely wish you the best and hope to hear you play in some other great band soon!
:kickass: