When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

I didn't think Cornelius would get so worked up over some idiot in Finland. It's not like it's his fault, I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

i didnt have the time yet to watch it all, but what is the relation between cornelius and the shooting? just that he makes metal?

i didnt have the time yet to watch it all, but what is the relation between cornelius and the shooting? just that he makes metal?

The killer made a video with Sturmgeist music in the background, and when his Youtube account got shut down he made a new one with the name "Sturmgeist89"

As Agah said, basically some dope who killed a bunch of people liked Sturmgeist. So when some reporters saw this, it was perfect bait to blame him and say his music turns people psychotic, and in turn sell lots of papers.

It's the same shit that's been happening for years really, only it's a different band this time. Personally if I were him, I just would have just told people to have some fucking sense.

I'm pretty sure he made a statement saying that Shane. :3
Yeah I know, but the fact that he still thinks about it and it upsets him is a bit stupid. He's a pretty smart guy, and he knows it isn't his fault, but yet he can't really let it go.... oh people :loco:

I don't know if someone cares about this, but finally i have a Fretless Bass:)
I just love it, the sound, the colour :D

What kind of bass it is? I play fretless too (2 of them are 4 str, one 6-str), being my main instrument. Some pics would be nice.

Actually, it's my first bass, but a luthier friend of mine did all the fretless work on it :p.
It's a cheap bass, but with great sound. It's a Jazz Bass model.
I will put some pictures of my new love ^^ :p

I think after a few listens I am liking it more, he was singing really weird which is what threw me off... I'm sure the album will be awesome, and also the covers they said they'd be putting out, hopefully they'll pick some fun songs. Also hoping that the solo CD comes out soon, here is something he said to someone I know when she asked about the solo CD.

I am aiming for an earlier release. -May-...

Demo material will be released free of charge through my space i think,
but not before the album release. Sorry m8

Looks like it will be 11 songs and 45 min.

Sorry about the code stuff too.
I have 8 lyricks here that was specially written for that album.
Shit happens...

All the best
Simen

Awesome, I'm waiting on the solo album too. I'm really glad to hear he's shooting for an earlier release too, because after learning about it however long ago it was, I really don't think I could wait till fall.

New Myrkgrav track, and it's fucking awesome. Pre-production, but honestly if this was how it was on the album I wouldn't mind at all. Really good stuff, I've listened to it like 10 times already. Even though Lars said he's getting someone else to do the cleans in the final version, I'm really liking the clean vocals and the atmosphere it creates.

http://www.myspace.com/myrkgrav

The new Burzum album got leaked, did anyone listen?
It was surprisingly good. I was expecting a lot of ambient stuff like from his time in prison but it's decent raw black metal.
His vocals have certainly improved a lot too.

Can't wait to buy it!