genre fanatic or not?

I listen to different types of music and different subgenres of heavy metal but I seem to love the early death/thrash metal the best.

most of the music I listen to is predominantly Black metal, or a subgenre of it(symphonic black metal, industrial black metal, viking metal... and so on)
I do listen to Thrash, melo-death, Grind, Death metal, power and prog too as well as a bit of classic metal... hell I even like Industrial and classical haha

Am I alone with musical mood swings? he he
Sometimes I'm deadbored of deat or black metal and listen to prog. metal/rock for some time (a week or so) and then I get tires of that and listen to death and black metal again and then I suddenly only listen to thrash metal..

but most of the time I listen to everything at the same time

I love metal ! I'll always give metal music I have'nt heard a chance. I must say that if there is one type of metal I'm not down with, it is definently prog metal. The songs 99% of the time are about how good they can play their instrument's or how high a note a singer can hit. It's like they don't even care about writing a good song. The biggest thing I can't stand about Prog metal are the lyrics they come up with......this is just my opinion though. If anyone has any prog metal they think I should give a try, then please let me know. I'll give it a shot. I have'nt found a cool prog band other than Dream Theatre that I like. I used to like old Queensryche (O.M. and Empire) I'm more of a guy who listens to Strapping Young Lad, Meshuggah, Pantera (Old stuff) and so on.....