Gentlemen (and Kev)... Get those guitars ready!! (pantera cover, drumtrack inside!)

Cool sound, Daniel!

I cant upload it yet, soundclick seems to have a 24 hour clearance first before one can download the track, but i will as soon as possible...

Shit, i still need to get my own version done as well!

Black neon bob said:
Cool sound, Daniel!

I cant upload it yet, soundclick seems to have a 24 hour clearance first before one can download the track, but i will as soon as possible...

Shit, i still need to get my own version done as well!

Chers man.
Sorta makes me feel better for taking so long.

Single miced, one 57 each take. I don't hear anything phase related, but I do get a wierd vibe between the two takes. I think it could have somethnig to do with the age difference of my strings between takes, which were almost a month appart.

*Black Neon Bob*
Just to change the subject for a bit, I was curious to know your setup for the song that you did "Veil Of Sin" You have some feed back going on at the very end of the song and I was just curious how you did that...I can't get any feedback thru my POD XT LIVE are you running a real TS in the chain or playing thru a power amp? Thanks man and great tune as well.

Cheers Carcass...

Nothing special actually.. in fact, i did not really even notice that myself before, until you just mentioned it, and i do know what you mean.. the POD's are not really great for feedback like that..

For what it's worth, my setup is just a gibson explorer with the zakk wylde EMG set, straight into the POD XT, and the POD XT goes straight into the soundcard.. there is no pedal in the chain, no pre-amp or anything like that, just a really simple setup with the gain setup pretty low really..

Honestly, im surprised it came out that way Carcass.. :lol: fluke i guess, i could probably not do it a second time...

Oh, and Daniel.. i cant seem to download your track at all from soundclick.. maybe you could send it to me through filefactory or PM me so i can give you my email adress so i can upload it on the site...

Cheers!

yeah, wow...pretty cool. I always thought it would give it a more realistic sound if you could manage to get feedback from the POD...damn I'm still stumped but anyway....cheers man, awesome tunes anyhow.

So I had back to back listen to all the contenders. So far I like Carcass29's and JCRG's versions in terms of getting close to the tone, and Gnash scores points on originality of his tone and intereperetation hehe. It's been fun dudes.

Man, I realized, I used a preset of an early EVH tone, on this by mistake! I dialed up something on the pod to match the tone off the early VH albums with the "Phase 90". The "Phase" was turned off, and I just started recording, using the wrong preset. Pretty lame tone, for this track! I'm gonna track this again with the JCM 800. I track in front of the monitors, REALLY LOUD. So it's pretty easy to get feedback that way. Man, I would really like to know how you get your drums sounding so baddass, Bob! What equipment are you using? If you don't mind divulging your methods in detail, I would appreciate it, as I'm pretty damned impressed!:kickass: