ghost reveries is a weak album?

Allfader

Kvelding
Mar 14, 2006
Near Mountains
i'm a fan of opeth since his beginning. i like all style changes through the years, but when i listen ghost reveries i think something is missing.... brutality?.. feeling?... please give me your objective opinions from the album .. remember i'm a fan too but this album is for me a little weak, ultra progressive, but a little weaker than others.

thanx

Well I for one agree with the OP. Only tracks I like on GR are GoP, Atonement, and PARTS of BOTH and R/HF.

captain-insano said:
At least this isnt one of those fucking "If you found out jim bob the drummer was gay would you still like the band" threads.

:lol:

But on topic... Hell yeah I still would! Jim-Bob the drummer is fucking sick!

my perception of the album is wrong?

GR is a good album but not amazing for me.... is amazing for you?

i'm not saying "GR is a weak album" , i'm trying to say "GR is less brutal than others"

do you think GR is equally brutal than deliverance? (the last power album before GR) i don't think so

borknagar_ said:

i'm not saying "GR is a weak album" , i'm trying to say "GR is less brutal than others"

do you think GR is equally brutal than deliverance? (the last power album before GR) i don't think so

If you want brutal, go listen to slipknot yo!:headbang:

borknagar_ said:

Yes your perception is WRONG! Ghost Reveries is super brutal deluxe!

borknagar_ said:
i'm a fan of opeth since his beginning. i like all style changes through the years, but when i listen ghost reveries i think something is missing.... brutality?.. feeling?... please give me your objective opinions from the album .. remember i'm a fan too but this album is for me a little weak, ultra progressive, but a little weaker than others.

thanx

...I agree. I find it a very enjoyable listen, but I can't worship this one like some others. However, Beneath the Mire is in my top 8 Opeth songs.

It mostly lacks brutality. It sounds like Mikael is smiling while singing in some places. Not that smiling is bad, but you know...

borknagar_ said:

Yes, it's less brutal. But what does that have to do with being a good album? Do you listen to brutal music only? Do you only define good music by its brutality?