ghost reveries is a weak album?

I think its better than Deliverance, but not by much. It has a more varied sound, which is a plus. Yet the production is kinda too slick on GR.

I won't fault them on Deliverance because the point was to make a brutal album with Damnation as its soft counterpoint.

I do love the variety of songs on GR, though.

Hi everyone) this is my first post, im new in the forum)

I think so. I mean, if you compare GR to the Opeth's songs that we are all used to hear, i think its definitely a 'softer' album, but not weak. GR has a large variety of styles and I think it has a different kind of power and strength. Maybe this strength is not the one we might be expecting from Opeth everytime they put an album on sale but, GR is probably my favourite album from Opeth.

In fact, I think GR somehow stands out from the rest of opeth albums because of this... different wave it has.
Anyway, I think Akerfeldt has a so clear and definite idea of the band's style that even going off a little bit from their line, they could allow themselves to do such a proggy album, without loosing the essence the band has.

The Band was on Fire, with this album...to bad this nucleus is not together anymore.

This album is probably one of the greatest "heavy metal" albums of all-time/or could arguably be close to it...if people could get past the whole it's not the old sounding Opeth...