ghost reveries is a weak album?

Argh.... maybe you're right....that is a friggin' tough choice. You know, BWP's got Funeral Portrait and Leper Affinity(it really is boring, it only has the start and the clean middle section that are very good) that aren't that good IMO. And GR doesn't have a single boring track.

Atonement... *yawn*.

Hours of wealth = ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Ghost of Perdition - Fucking amazing song. Flows great, beautiful clean parts.
Baying of the Hounds - Fucking amazing aswell. Heavy and shit. But also beautiful.
Beneath the Mire - Absolutely love the intro. Caught my attention the first second of it I heard.
Atonement - Great song. Calms me down.
Harlequin Forest - I fucking love it. That's all there is to say. Perfection.
Hours of Wealth - Beautiful, mellow, emotional. Amazing.
The Grand Conjuration - A bit boring, but has a great solo. Slightly awesome.
Isolation Years - Third best song on the record, after HF and GOP. So emotional and beautiful. Great to listen to at night, when it's dark outside.

So, in conclusion. No, Ghost Reveries is not a weak album.
It rocks.

Harlequin is overrated? I think its one of their most underrated songs. The 2 you mentioned are way more overrated than Harlequin.

what im gonna say now is obvious and im surprised no one said it already

because the 2 he mentioned are actually good songs

Ghost of Perdition - Fucking amazing song. Flows great, beautiful clean parts.
Baying of the Hounds - Fucking amazing aswell. Heavy and shit. But also beautiful.
Beneath the Mire - Absolutely love the intro. Caught my attention the first second of it I heard.
Atonement - Great song. Calms me down.
Harlequin Forest - I fucking love it. That's all there is to say. Perfection.
Hours of Wealth - Beautiful, mellow, emotional. Amazing.
The Grand Conjuration - A bit boring, but has a great solo. Slightly awesome.
Isolation Years - Third best song on the record, after HF and GOP. So emotional and beautiful. Great to listen to at night, when it's dark outside.

It rocks.

Is the correct answer.

Ghost of Perdition - Fucking yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnmazing song.
Baying of the Hounds - Fucking yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnheavy and shit.
Beneath the Mire - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn
Atonement - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnsme down.
Harlequin Forest - Perfectyaaaaaaaaaaaaawn
Hours of Wealth - Beautiful, mellow, emotional, yawning.
The Grand Conjuration - a bit yaaaaaaawning...a little?
Isolation Years - Great to listen to at night, yawning

It´s yawning...

:heh:

Ghost of Perdition-really good song, a standout on this album and one of Opeth's timeless classics 5 stars
Baying of the Hounds-a bit dull and monotonic at first, then unexpectedly rises to incredible heights, but the ending again is a bit of a letdown 4 stars
Beneath the Mire-a real stinkaroo, the worst song on the record. I give it 2 stars only because the ending is kinda cool
Atonement-better than the last, but not what Opeth shoulda done, too oriental...3 stars
Reverie/Harlequin Forest-the second best song, a near-epic. With a terrific ending. 4 1/5 stars
Hours of Wealth-the third best song, criminally underated. Cool ballad, incredible intro, some nice blues guitar workout-4 1/5 stars
The Grand Conjuration-An almost-classic, but the second half fails to deliver. And frankly, its waaay too dark and evil for my liking. 4 stars
Isolation Years-beautiful but a little too short. And the melody is kinda too simple, at least when it comes to what one expects from Opeth...3 1/2 stars

Isolation Years-beautiful but a little too short. And the melody is kinda too simple, at least when it comes to what one expects from Opeth...3 1/2 stars

2 options: you must be half-deaf, or you know absolutely nothing about composing, as to affirm such nonsense as a factual truth.

...Opeth wouldn't have had as much staying power as they have had the band not deconstructed their sound after every release.

I mean, what would we talk about if every album sounded like Still Life (the consensus favorite "observation")?

There is a lot of debate here about what is the best album, what is the best song, what is weak and what is not...

It's the need to categorize that drives this kind of discussion. Or the need to feel validated in your own beliefs. Personally, I will never understand how a fan could say that Watershed is his/her favorite release. But since GR is my favorite, I can relate all day with someone who feels the same. It's the "birds of a feather" syndrome. And I LOVE that many will disagree.

This board would've likely died long ago had Opeth not kept us guessing. I submit that we all should be united because we are a part of the community that drives (one of) the best collections of musicians that have walked the Earth.

GR a weak album? Fuck no. Watershed a weak album? Fuck no.

Opeth does not live in the past. They don't rest on their laurels and release the same thing every other year. How lucky are we that they don't?

When they're gone, they're gone. Like a Michael Jordan...Opeth is a once-in-a-generation band.

Maybe we oughtta spend less time debating "what's weak and what's not" and celebrate the fact that we live in a time that allowed us to experience this truly unique collection of artists.

Just my opinion.

2 options: you must be half-deaf, or you know absolutely nothing about composing, as to affirm such nonsense as a factual truth.

There goes Kamel off again!:Smug: You ever heard of "freedom of speech" or freedom of expression monsieur?? Maybe I don't know too much about composing. But I still trust my own musical judgement. That's all I'm gonna say.

...Opeth wouldn't have had as much staying power as they have had the band not deconstructed their sound after every release.

I mean, what would we talk about if every album sounded like Still Life (the consensus favorite "observation")?

There is a lot of debate here about what is the best album, what is the best song, what is weak and what is not...

It's the need to categorize that drives this kind of discussion. Or the need to feel validated in your own beliefs. Personally, I will never understand how a fan could say that Watershed is his/her favorite release. But since GR is my favorite, I can relate all day with someone who feels the same. It's the "birds of a feather" syndrome. And I LOVE that many will disagree.

This board would've likely died long ago had Opeth not kept us guessing. I submit that we all should be united because we are a part of the community that drives (one of) the best collections of musicians that have walked the Earth.

GR a weak album? Fuck no. Watershed a weak album? Fuck no.

Opeth does not live in the past. They don't rest on their laurels and release the same thing every other year. How lucky are we that they don't?

When they're gone, they're gone. Like a Michael Jordan...Opeth is a once-in-a-generation band.

Maybe we oughtta spend less time debating "what's weak and what's not" and celebrate the fact that we live in a time that allowed us to experience this truly unique collection of artists.

Just my opinion.

sorry but that's just your opinion and my opinion is that watershed is the best album,, so next time DONT TELL ME WHAT TO THINK!!!!