ghost reveries is a weak album?

^agreed

i love ghost reveries, it's the album that got me into opeth, it's well produced (best up till then), great songs, full of emotion and passion!

you are everything, they are nothing, that line blew me away

and look at the solo in hours of wealth, it's such a depressing solo, and it's played so well, like he's so sad he can barely bring himself to play the notes :p

i'll always love GR, oddly enough it and still ife are the only two albums i dont own on vinyl...

"Ghost Reveries" is one of those "deep" albums which possesses all needed things. Melody, aggressiveness, energy, quality... That's absolutely amazing album and one of the albums I love mostly, besides "Still Life" and "Blackwater Park".

Ghost Reveries is one of their best albums.

I'd have to say Opeth's best 3 albums are Blackwater Park, Ghost Reveries and Watershed.

Easily my favorite album with Opeth.
It just has that atmosphere and variety which makes it the best.
Top 3 imo:
1. Ghost Reveries
2. Deliverance
3. Still Life

Since the band has done nothing but improvement from their debut album , I'd say GR is their second best album, but IMHO my favorite stays BWP ( though it's not as progy as GR ) , also I think GR has more variety comapring with Deliverance , and it's a LOT better regarding production.
So no GR is definitely NOT a weak album.

PS: Just 'Ghost of Perdition' alone is worth the credit of a whole album !

that is a real subjective stupid shit question...

I'm starting to fucking hate those FUCKING morons that can't sleep properly if they found out about a "sigh" or a glitch in a song, or if they felt somewhat down after listening to a new non-autumn-feeling-brutal song; I mean, get a decent fucking life, you're no better than those star war geeks whose job is to find any error possible present in the movie to show it off with their Nerd friends.

Ghost reveries is not strong for you? don't listen to it...No one gives a fuck anyway...

that is a real subjective stupid shit question...

I'm starting to fucking hate those FUCKING morons that can't sleep properly if they found out about a "sigh" or a glitch in a song, or if they felt somewhat down after listening to a new non-autumn-feeling-brutal song; I mean, get a decent fucking life, you're no better than those star war geeks whose job is to find any error possible present in the movie to show it off with their Nerd friends.

Ghost reveries is not strong for you? don't listen to it...No one gives a fuck anyway...

Kind of needless explosion but I can't help but completely agree

Atonement is weak, The Grand Conjuration is one of Opeth's most generic songs, and Harlequin Forest is rather overrated. Other than that, I say GR rocks.

The Baying Of The Hounds and Ghost Of Perdition are neck-and-neck for GR's top song IMO.

SL > BWP > GR, argument resumed

Argh.... maybe you're right....that is a friggin' tough choice. You know, BWP's got Funeral Portrait and Leper Affinity(it really is boring, it only has the start and the clean middle section that are very good) that aren't that good IMO. And GR doesn't have a single boring track.

Argh.... maybe you're right....that is a friggin' tough choice. You know, BWP's got Funeral Portrait and Leper Affinity(it really is boring, it only has the start and the clean middle section that are very good) that aren't that good IMO. And GR doesn't have a single boring track.

What!? I thought The Leper Affinity was the best song ever. :loco: Both albums have the bests songs from Opeth.