ghost reveries is a weak album?

sorry but that's just your opinion and my opinion is that watershed is the best album,, so next time DONT TELL ME WHAT TO THINK!!!!

I'd never tell you what to think, Greasy. You think Watershed's their best? Great. I just don't. Doesn't mean I hate it.

Ghost of Perdition-really good song, a standout on this album and one of Opeth's timeless classics 5 stars
Baying of the Hounds-a bit dull and monotonic at first, then unexpectedly rises to incredible heights, but the ending again is a bit of a letdown 4 stars
Beneath the Mire-a real stinkaroo, the worst song on the record. I give it 2 stars only because the ending is kinda cool
Atonement-better than the last, but not what Opeth shoulda done, too oriental...3 stars
Reverie/Harlequin Forest-the second best song, a near-epic. With a terrific ending. 4 1/5 stars
Hours of Wealth-the third best song, criminally underated. Cool ballad, incredible intro, some nice blues guitar workout-4 1/5 stars
The Grand Conjuration-An almost-classic, but the second half fails to deliver. And frankly, its waaay too dark and evil for my liking. 4 stars
Isolation Years-beautiful but a little too short. And the melody is kinda too simple, at least when it comes to what one expects from Opeth...3 1/2 stars

Slaydon, sorry man, but IMHO I gotta disagree with you on Beneath The Mire. Excellent song; I'd say it's the 4th best on GR. Otherwise, excellent analysis. We are among the minority that like Hours Of Wealth better than Isolation Years!

GR was originally my favourite album and I would still rank it in my top 3. The first 3 songs off GR are amazing and I love Reverie/Harlequin Forest. I generally agree with Slaydons analysis except for the part about beneath the mire, I think the entire song is great. Hours of Wealth is brilliant and I'm glad to see people giving it the appreciation it deserves. :)

well, I tried several Opeth albums' strength putting them under a steamroller as it passed by, and none of them got smashed but Ghost reveries, so It's true, GR is a weak album.

no offense but the don't mean weak as in strength but as in musical value which is subjective so i dont get this thread whats the point people have different tastes we have to learn to accept that

Ghost Reveries is certainly not my favorite Opeth album, but it's certainly not a bad album, either. I'd listen to Blackwater Park, Watershed or Deliverance any day over GR.

Ghost Reveries is certainly not my favorite Opeth album, but it's certainly not a bad album, either. I'd listen to Blackwater Park, Watershed or Deliverance any day over GR.

I think its better than Deliverance, but not by much. It has a more varied sound, which is a plus. Yet the production is kinda too slick on GR.

I believe their cover of "Into the Frost of Winter" is better than anything they have ever done. Both in musical quality and production quality.