Gigantour 2008; Megadeth, Children of Bodom, etc. confirmed

Man I wish I could fit my V on a plane so I could take it to get signed by alexi/roope

I saw Bodom last night in Atlanta. They put on a pretty fantastic show... I was even a bit surprise. Alexi's and Roope's guitar tone sounded awesome, better than the blooddrunk album and WAY better than their previous live tones heard on Stockholm Knockout Live, and HCDR and AYDY live era stuff... They still might be using the same settings and amp, but it just sounded... so much better last night for some reason. I managed to squeeze up to the 2nd row right behind the barrier, as it got pretty unbelievably tight, a couple people even were lifted out over the barrier because they couldn't take it or something. Alexi was pretty sober from what I saw and delivered a very clean performance with no real errors from what I saw... and I was right in front of him and Roope. Roope was awesome as well as the rest of the guys. Janne though was the only one who seemed to look like he was just going through the motions. Did step off stage to get some beers quite a few times :lol: I don't know, but he still delivered a great performance and looked great playing his duel leads with Alexi, both of them singing them from the mouth as well. Pretty great over all performance from Children of Bodom. This guy next to me took a lot of pictures and I asked him to send some to me, so maybe I'll have some in a few from my show. The only thing I missed out on was perhaps meeting the band AFTER the show, as I had to make my 10 hour drive home back to Florida, which I just got home. There were some fans lining outside their bus but I didn't see them come out. I also missed out on buying a COB beanie because the guy said they were all sold out... if anyone feels like picking one up for me let me know and I'll pay you back right away of course ;). I really wish I could have met the guys and maybe got them to sign anything, that'd be real nice, but most of all just hang out with them. Although the band Mastodon was there at Gigantour just hanging out like everyone else and I hanged out with them and talked to them a bit, very cool guys! :headbang: My friend who drove up with me didn't have a ticket so he was outside by the side, but how it was setup you could see the whole show for free and he was right by all the buses so he saw and met all the bands walking to and from the stage. He said Alexi wouldn't sign any autographs on his way FROM the stage though, I thought that was funny. Pretty good show though.

I was on the rail :headbang:

Could you hear the keyboards or solos at all?

I could BARELY hear them...kinda disappointing

But they were still amazing though :)

Just a minor set list change for the second show in New York tonight. Alexei said they would mix it up a little and finished up with Silent Night Bodom Night instead of Downfall.

where exactly in Cali do you live?

I'm going to the Long Beach show, and it's about an hour from my house.

I live by San Francisco, so the closest date is in San Jose which is ridiculous. if they played anywhere closer i'd be there in a second but San Jose is at least an hour away, if not more with traffic.

Just a minor set list change for the second show in New York tonight. Alexei said they would mix it up a little and finished up with Silent Night Bodom Night instead of Downfall.

This sorta scares me.

I hope we get Downfall, it's pretty near my favorite CoB song. :(

i cross the finger for u. but take care of it on the plane...

Nah I'm not gonna take it. I've looked at the airline policies for the maximum size for baggage allowed, and my non-V guitar is barely small enough (it's like just on the limit). The V is like at least 20 inches more in total dimensions :(

And there's absolutely no way I'd check it. Airline people don't treat checked baggage nearly well enough. They throw shit around all over the place. My case isn't nearly sturdy enough to handle something like that.

:\ I dunno what else I'd get signed tho. Haha maybe my pick :D. Or Whammy Bar. Or something else small that would be really awkward for them to sign hehe

Man if I had a car I'd just take it up to the Worcester performance :|

That sorta scares me.

I hope we get Downfall, it's pretty near my favorite CoB song. :(

Meh, silent night bodom night's pretty good too.

I hope they get bored of the setlist and just play a ton of old songs :)

I live by San Francisco, so the closest date is in San Jose which is ridiculous. if they played anywhere closer i'd be there in a second but San Jose is at least an hour away, if not more with traffic.

ohh I see. well, I plan on leaving early so I don't hit traffic, otherwise it'd be more than an hour for me too. But don't worry, you'll just catch them on the headlining tour (which should be better anyway)...I kinda wish I'd just waited for that too, cuz the ticket prices for gigantour were ridiculous on ticketmaster.

I've been a COB fan for a while now and am excited to see them, for the first time, in Detroit in less than two weeks.

After reading threads here and there about the crowds during the Gigantour shows, I'm a bit concerned about our seats. We're fourth row, stage right.

I don't mean to be a wuss or anything. But are we taking our lives in our hands? :)

okay, so i've been trying to post about my Gigantour since it happened on April 17th(Houston Date) but i wasn't really added to the forum hah. but yeah, im new here but wanted to post since noone had the luck i had at the Houston Gigantour.
the show was so beautiful! i met all the cob guys, jeff from high on fire was hanging out with me and my friends and we all met in flames too.
heres some pictures.
http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk147/NazlyVonDick/GIGANTOUR 2008/

probably the best night of my life.
anddddd i wish they would of played silent night bodom night but downfall was equally as intense!
idk, i was just all around happy with the setlist.
bodom beach terror would of been REAL good though.

okay but yes, thats what happened at my Gigantour.
and btw, im the girl in the Grey shirt. i look like a fag in most of the pictures hahaha.

So whats the story with Janne and pink monkey?
--------------------------
wonders the same

awesome pics though :headbang:

@ nazlyyy: cool pics, thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a great time! And it just goes to show that Alexi (and the other guys) is willing to spend time with fans having photos taken or whatever, but, just like anyone else, there'll be times when he won't, because he's tired/hungover/shy/doesn't feel well, whatever; in other words, he's a normal human being

...he's a normal human being

For fuck sakes, YES! People and especially the fans get so hyped up they build up their heroes and idols to something that... no one is, expecting them to be the greatest most incredible person they will ever meet, which sometimes certain people are. But these guys are just like everyone else, they have feelings and love and hate just as many things about the world and people as you and me. Sometimes you gotta just put yourself in their shoes and look at it that way.

So whats the story with Janne and pink monkey?
--------------------------
wonders the same

awesome pics though :headbang:

i honestly have no clue.
janne was so drunk because he was being so friendly, he saw me and my friend sitting outside their bus and waved at us. i freaked and asked him for a picture, he said "only if the monkey can be in the picture"
so im guessing its another one of those drunk stuffed animals they buy lol!
i was gonna take him one but i had lost hope on meeting them.

@ nazlyyy: cool pics, thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a great time! And it just goes to show that Alexi (and the other guys) is willing to spend time with fans having photos taken or whatever, but, just like anyone else, there'll be times when he won't, because he's tired/hungover/shy/doesn't feel well, whatever; in other words, he's a normal human being

your welcome, and yeah. he was kind of annoyed and tired but im glad he came out like he said he was. usually when they say they're gonna come out it takes them about an hour. alexi came out in like 5 minutes. we were surprised.
but im glad he was alright with all the pictures we took.
those are only the ones on my camera and my friends camera.
the other people i went with have other photos on their phones.
but im glad there was only like 8 of us outside.

the guys from jfac were being such assholes. they saw one of the guys i went to gigantour with outside of their bus and they just closed the curtains and continued to play Call of Duty.

your welcome, and yeah. he was kind of annoyed and tired but im glad he came out like he said he was. usually when they say they're gonna come out it takes them about an hour. alexi came out in like 5 minutes. we were surprised.
but im glad he was alright with all the pictures we took.
those are only the ones on my camera and my friends camera.
the other people i went with have other photos on their phones.
but im glad there was only like 8 of us outside.

the guys from jfac were being such assholes. they saw one of the guys i went to gigantour with outside of their bus and they just closed the curtains and continued to play Call of Duty.

Was that guy being an asshole to jfac or being nice?