Gigantour 2008; Megadeth, Children of Bodom, etc. confirmed

Just got back from the perfomance I went to in Maryland.

Hah, it was funny seeing the contrast of interest in the bands up til bodom. For High On Fire and Job For A Cowboy, everyone (except the people in the pit) was sitting down because no one cared, and then after JFAC left everyone was standing up shouting BODOM! BODOM! BODOM!

It was pretty awesome. However, they wouldn't let us into the pit (we never found out why). Some bouncer stopped us and pointed to his wrist as if we needed a wristband or something. Does anyone know if there was like a waiver we had to sign or something? We were really miffed that we couldn't get into the pit.

ha i was at that same show....and i was in the pit(there was no wavier, they could only let a certain amount of people down there the people who got down there fastest got red wristbands...so yeah....wristbands lol).....lmao you missed out, did u see when we were all throwing that fat dude around.lmao, and dude we went off for JFACB werent u watching lmao. better luck with the pit next time

how long do you guys estimate is the playing time for JFAC and High on Fire? I wanna know how long I'm gonna have to stand in the pit waiting for Bodom...

I went up right to the front of the barrier after JFAC was over. You just got to be REALLY persuasive and pretty much force people out of the way. Of course you don't make many or any friends a long the way up the front. :lol: When they started playing it was almost impossible to move anywhere, that's when it got ridiculous.

yuck, that sucks. my ribs still pain sometimes, so I'm wondering if I should really be up in the front for Bodom...cuz the last couple Bodom shows I went to, I couldn't make it in the pit cuz the security wouldn't let us in...

Do you guys think I should go for it? I mean, since I'm not completely healed yet?

I'd say no, the crowd gets crazy. Girls come out with their fake claws, and the teenage fanbois come out with their elbows swinging.

Just be careful, it got crazy when COB was on. I'm still bruised from Thursday's show

yeah, I remember how wild it got for the Summer Slaughter tour when necrophagist went on...but I had a big guy behind me who was helping me out, so I got lucky. And I remember the Strokes show was worse than any metal show I've been too. It all depends on how intense the bands' fans are. But thanks for your advice, I guess I might have to re-think the pit :erk:

haha. ours arent greatly enforced. every concert i've gone to theres people smoking weed and no body does shit. and no one cares about moshing either. thats why im a little apprehensive for the gigantour show but i've made it through a lot of intense shows before

At the necro show I was at, I was all the way in front, like RIGHT in front of Muhammed (it was one of the best nights of my life) so of course it was intense. I've seen that whenever your all the way in front, you're gonna get pushed the most, like my chest was constantly being pushed against the barricade. And even for the mars volta show, I was pushed so much from all the ppl behind me, I could feel the organs inside of me being squished, lol.

but like I said, it depends on how intense the fans are.

I guess I might have to re-think the pit :erk:

If you do go in, remember to never let your hands down. Always have your arms bent to protect your ribs and soft underbelly. :D

You're a chick, right? I dont see anything wrong with asking a a guy near you to help you out, or asking a dude if you could tap him for help during the show. Although they never asked verbally, I helped multiple females in this respect at the Atlanta show.

Another tip - expand your diaphragm to increase your size in the pit!

Sorry if you already know this shit or dont care...i cant blame you too much if you bail on the pit. Im a 6 foot 1, 180 lb male and intense pits make me anxious. But If anyone is out of line, the get pushed the fuck off of me. Most women dont have the size/strength to do that, and I always wonder if these tiny women in the pit knew what the were getting into.

If you do go in, remember to never let your hands down. Always have your arms bent to protect your ribs and soft underbelly. :D

You're a chick, right? I dont see anything wrong with asking a a guy near you to help you out, or asking a dude if you could tap him for help during the show. Although they never asked verbally, I helped multiple females in this respect at the Atlanta show.

Another tip - expand your diaphragm to increase your size in the pit!

Sorry if you already know this shit or dont care...i cant blame you too much if you bail on the pit. Im a 6 foot 1, 180 lb male and intense pits make me anxious. But If anyone is out of line, the get pushed the fuck off of me. Most women dont have the size/strength to do that, and I always wonder if these tiny women in the pit knew what the were getting into.

no, I do appreciate your tips, thank you. and hell yeah, if they're out of line, you gotta show them what's up. but unfortunately I don't have the strength to do that, especially right now. but yeah, I'm a girl, and I weigh fucking 101 lbs so that's never helped me much. I'll def. try to ask a guy for help if anything happens tho. Oh, and how would I keep my diaphragm constantly expanded?