Give me classical music tips

me and me girl are going to see a concert soon, pieces by wagner, schumann, sibelius and brahms

gonna be the first time in my life i actually see a symphonic orchestra live

me and me girl are going to see a concert soon, pieces by wagner, schumann, sibelius and brahms

gonna be the first time in my life i actually see a symphonic orchestra live

I think you're going to really dig it.

seen my first too on New years Day at Lincoln Center ... full Philharmonic Orchestra performing mostly Strauss pieces. Typical NYD waltzes, but with a great Soprano.

anyway, live it's just awesome! ... i really wish there wasn't this "sitting around" though for these types of shows. not that I want to headbang, but it's hard to get into something when you are squeezed into a shitty theater chair.

but seriously, the entire classical music "biz" is in deep trouble audience wise. they need a way to appeal to a new generation or they are doomed. their current audience is literally dying.

seen it happen to Broadway starting a few years ago. I even worked on a few initial projects that were consciously done to steer the audience from the typical older crowd towards a younger one.
if you follow that stuff, you can see it has been successful with the type of shows now making the big bucks there.

not sure what will save classical music.

but seriously, the entire classical music "biz" is in deep trouble audience wise. they need a way to appeal to a new generation or they are doomed. their current audience is literally dying.

Never in history so many people have listened to classical music, in numbers. Ans big shows with great orchestras always get people coming. Not to mention the US is fully immerged in it now (impressive the number of boards that have been created I have to say)
In France, 65 to 70 % of the concerts I went to are full without a seat (apart from a couple of rows for the most pricey ones). The rest is still quite packed.

I'm not that pessimistic :)