GMD Poll: Slough Feg's Discography Ranked

7) New Organon (2019)

R-13775545-1563394423-9740.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 3.9/10

Also thanks for reminding me to listen to the new Slough Feg, I seem to forget about the traditional styles but I've always liked Slough Feg.

Reactions: CiG
6) The Animal Spirits (2010)

a1120693122_16.jpg

Average points per vote: 4.8/10

First place votes: 1 (@barongan)

Also, be sure you check out "Animal Spirits". It takes a bit to get into, but damn it has some great jams.

The Animal Spirits seems a bit rushed to me, none of the songs are especially memorable or catchy when compared with pretty much everything else they've done.

5) Atavism (2005)

a0866475824_16.jpg

Average points per vote: 6.9/10

First place votes: 1 (@J.)

Atavism was ok...but there was nothing that hooked me. I'd say that Traveller and Down aming the deadmen are my favorites by them. When I got those I couldn't stop playing them, which is something I cannot say about Atavism.

The second side of Atavism is pretty amazing, the first side is allright...

I just revisited Slough Feg's Atavism, and it's way better than I first thought :headbang:

Also, the melodies are so strong I instantly remembered them from when I listened to this over a year ago.

Atavism has a few really great songs (I Will Kill You / You Will Die, Hiberno-Latin Invasion, and Starport Blues mainly) but a lot of the rest is a bit too 'filler' level for me.

Last edited:
4) Hardworlder (2007)

0000618376_10.jpg

Average points per vote: 6.4/10

First place votes: 1 (@Slayed Necros)

Hardworlder isn't bad but it's pretty bland, the beginning of the end for Slough Feg, too much retro 70s self-aware bullshit.

I didn't like Hardworlder that much originally but I tend to listen to it more than most of their stuff now.

its weird, ive listened to it 5 or 6 times now and i still feel like i havent heard it. its definitely enjoyable, im just trying to figure out to what degree.

Last edited:
3) Down Among the Deadmen (2000)

R-1805417-1244476814.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 6.7/10

First place votes: 1 (@Master_Yoda77)

Down Among The Deadmen is my favourite though most seem to prefer Traveller. Down Among The Deadmen has more of that arcane, celtic songwriting and sound that I enjoy but both are great.

Lord Weird Slough Feg's Down Among the Deadmen is better than any entire Manilla Road album.

Down Among the Deadmen is my favorite (that I've heard) because of the fucking killer guitar harmonies and vocal melodies. The whole thing is just so catchy and badass. There might be a few tracks I skip over from time to time, but as a whole I just think it works so damn well.

I started with Down Among the Deadmen, and that album is fucking BOSS

Last edited:
2) Twilight of the Idols (1998)

TheLordWeirdSloughFeg-TwilightOfTheIdols.jpg

Average points per vote: 7.3/10

First place votes: 5 (@crimsonfloyd @Dane0670 @Slammed @Krow @CiG)

Twilight of the Idols is an amazing album. Highlander is one of my favorite songs by them.

Hell yeah. The first side of that is gold, the second side is completely different and also fucking sweet; the Legend cover "The Wizard's Vengeance" is tops.

Twilight of the Idols is kind of a weird album for me. I can hear the echoes of what Slough Feg was going to sound like later in songs like this and Highlander but, to me, this still sounds like they are trying to find their sound.

1) Taveller (2003)

81Gd6HDJ9ML._SS500_.jpg

Average points per vote: 8.6/10

First place votes: 2 (@Vegard Pompey @HamburgerBoy)

Listening to Slough Feg's Traveller. Fuckin' amazing album, with alot of good riffs and melodies.

Nico said:
Personally: Traveller. Not quite the folky style they had going in previous albums, but interstellar space dogs is the greatest concept of all time, and the music fucking rules.

I wonder when all of you will realize that "Traveller" is by far the least good Slough Feg album.

No way!!! Traveller is the best! All who don't believe Traveller is the greatest album that Slough Feg has ever done shall die before thy almighty Odin the greatest false god to ever live! He shall slice you all who didn't vote for Traveller into pieces fore Odin ownz you all!!!!

Digital Resistance had the opposite effect on me. At first I liked it immediately, but over time it settled into a more middling area.

Really surprised that Atavism beat Down, but better Atavism than any of the other possibilities.

1. Traveller
  2. Hardworlder
  3. Down Among the Deadmen
  4. The Animal Spirits
  5. Atavism
  6. New Organon
  7. Digital Resistance
  8. The Lord Weird Slough Feg
  9. Ape Uprising!
  10. Twilight of the Idols

this guy being a eurofag is why Twilight lost. It’s an insult to the band to say TotI is their worst album. Blatantly making sure Traveller won.

That album bores the shit out of me, no idea what you guys see in it. The only song on it I like is "We'll Meet Again" and that's not representative of the album at all.