3. Black Sabbath - Cross Purposes
4. Solstice - Lamentations
5. Sadistik Exekution - We Are Death Fukk You
6. Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
7. Mercyful Fate - Time
8. Cryptopsy - Blasphemy Made Flesh
9. Solitude Aeturnus - Through the Darkest Hour
10. Samael - Ceremony of Opposites

Don't forget Longings Past fwiw I think you might appreciate it.

When you need six syllables to pronounce 'celebration', you know you have a problem with brevity. The bulk of the is dominated by the nearly-40 minute title track, a pseudo-progressive pomp rock thing of indescribable terribleness, and on its existence alone I can't give this anything more than a 0.5. Literally the worst song I know of. The two partly-metal songs are better, but at their best are simplistic 70's-style fantasy proto-metal that you already heard Manilla Road do over a decade earlier, let alone a real USPM band. The riffs are still very basic, and while they understand how to arrange them in a way indicating development of themes on occasion (pretty much just the first half of The Goddess), there's still nothing noteworthy. The production is very soft and admittedly fits the retro thing they were going for, but it would be much better to just imagine this a budget two-song demo oddity, which would warrant maybe a 2.0. If you're a fan of Lordian Guard and other weird-ass "epic metal" bands that pretty much forget the second word in the pseudo-genre, you'll probably love this, however.

When you need six syllables to pronounce 'celebration', you know you have a problem with brevity. The bulk of the is dominated by the nearly-40 minute title track, a pseudo-progressive pomp rock thing of indescribable terribleness, and on its existence alone I can't give this anything more than a 0.5. Literally the worst song I know of. The two partly-metal songs are better, but at their best are simplistic 70's-style fantasy proto-metal that you already heard Manilla Road do over a decade earlier, let alone a real USPM band. The riffs are still very basic, and while they understand how to arrange them in a way indicating development of themes on occasion (pretty much just the first half of The Goddess), there's still nothing noteworthy. The production is very soft and admittedly fits the retro thing they were going for, but it would be much better to just imagine this a budget two-song demo oddity, which would warrant maybe a 2.0. If you're a fan of Lordian Guard and other weird-ass "epic metal" bands that pretty much forget the second word in the pseudo-genre, you'll probably love this, however.

Yeah but you gave Death's The Sound of Perseverance 1/5 on RYM so eat my ass.

He's copy-pastaing my 1994 reviews. There was a lot of garbage released that year.

I'm glad you're doing it for me, I was going to shit-talk Longings Past myself when they were mentioned earlier but realized I've been posting negative things about various albums/bands more than usual so I didn't want to.

EDIT: I just realized that like 20% of my RYM reviews concern 1994 releases, and almost all of them are 2.5 stars or lower. Never realized I had such a strong unconscious bias against that year.

Last edited: