GMD Poll: Top Ten Films of 2019

3Rrr.gif

I'll look into Triple Threat.

i haven't seen it but it's the same director/actor as avengement

Relaxer ( but this is listed as 2018 on IMDB @no country for old wainds )

i go by US/UK threatrical premiere rather than IMDB dates for new years 'cause a lot of stuff that's "2019" on imdb is completely impossible to see until 2020 etc. can be a pain to keep track of and you don't have to do it yourself, but i've always done it that way

Last edited:
Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Definitely skip terminator...Godzilla was a let down, too human focused in this new direction

godzilla was fine. Not sure what kaiju movies anyone was watching that gave a shit about the human storyline parts.

Terminator was fucking awful and I’d be willing to bet might actually physically piss him off. Also willing to bet it’ll be retconned when they inevitably reboot.

tech usually seems pretty knowledgeable about sequels to major action franchises and likes some of them at least which is why i mentioned it, but yeah i probably shouldn't have 'cause it isn't good lol

@TechnicalBarbarity there's also the deadwood movie of course, not sure if you'd wanna see that without rewatching the show though.

maybe crawl would interest you? fun old school creature feature.
Crawl-Drinking-Game.gif

tech usually seems pretty knowledgeable about sequels to major action franchises and likes some of them at least which is why i mentioned it, but yeah i probably shouldn't have 'cause it isn't good lol

@TechnicalBarbarity there's also the deadwood movie of course, not sure if you'd wanna see that without rewatching the show though.

maybe crawl would interest you? fun old school creature feature.
Crawl-Drinking-Game.gif
I watched the Deadwood film when i had to subscribe to HBO Now in order to watch final season of GoT. Loved it.

i go by US/UK threatrical premiere rather than IMDB dates
Damn, that's what i thought IMDB dates were.

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't think much of that new Godzilla movie. Too much people plot I didn't give a shit about, visuals were the saving grace for sure. Shin Godzilla was way better (even though it dealt more with the people than the kaiju, it wasn't a lame melodrama).

both, it looks awesome though!

i'm cool with you classing it as 2019 if you want, it did premiere in australia in 2019 etc. i can't imagine it's gonna make a final top ten either way lol

Reactions: CiG
I probably won't get around to it before this wraps anyway, but yeah it looks cool. I didn't even notice Besson made a new one last year called Anna. Supposed to be a return to spy action/thriller but with a very obvious John Wick influence. When a big name film flies that under the radar it's usually not a good sign though. :lol: