GNMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1993

Vedder's vocals are probably the biggest vocal barrier I've ever experienced, I just can't get beyond them or ignore them enough to enjoy the band. He's absolutely grating and cringeworthy.
Funny, this. To my ears (and many, many others), there is no more of a beautiful sound on this planet Earth.

Vedder knows how to add intensity and mystery to his vocals, and its his best in the early years.

Honestly I think I like his vox more in Temple of the Dog.

That was also Staley at his worst with the heroin addiction. Which is super unfortunate.

But all of the Staley albums are so brutal with harmony and beauty. It just bleeds life. Cobain has some interesting vocals and lyrics, I wont knock that.

Reactions: jimmy101
Yeah, sadly those two unplugged sessions kinda capture both men at their lowest.

I don't know. Maybe I have heard Nirvana too much, but I would put Cobain last. And honestly, Staley's addiction made 'Nutshell' (unplugged) even more depressing than it already was.

Staley > Cornell > Vedder > Cobain

Reactions: jimmy101
Any fans of Mark Arm or Donita Sparks? I enjoy Mark Arm because he kinda sounds like a young Iggy Pop. Those 2 and Tad Doyle aren't in the same league as Cornell, Vedder and Staley in terms of talent, but I find them to be more endearing, as well as Cobain.

Reactions: Sophii
Any fans of Mark Arm or Donita Sparks? I enjoy Mark Arm because he kinda sounds like a young Iggy Pop. Those 2 and Tad Doyle aren't in the same league as Cornell, Vedder and Staley in terms of talent, but I find them to be more endearing, as well as Cobain.

Green River and Mudhoney, man.

Mark Arm was a prototype to Cobain I feel like. Cobain had his look and style and combined it with a Pixies flair.

I'm not really hearing it.

Man how can you not? Cobain, ESPECIALLY DURING BLEACH, had this whole sick crazy Mark Arm sleaze punk sound to him, but he switched it up every now and then.

Cobain was like the little brother to Buzz and Mark, so I guess that's where I hear it. He idolized them, but he also idolized others and grew out of it.