• of course god exists

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • nah, don't think so

Votes: 23 71.9%

• Total voters

sol83

Jun 15, 2002
Greece
does god (in any way/form) exist? is there something up (or maybe deep down) there or is it just bollox? i know it's kinda pointless but i'm curious.
so what do you people think?

sol83 said:
does god (in any way/form) exist? is there something up (or maybe deep down) there or is it just bollox? i know it's kinda pointless but i'm curious.
so what do you people think?
me personaly, i think no one knows till they die :erk:

God as we know it doesn't exist, but 'it' does in some way, but if 'God' exists or not, I don't think this means we continue to be conscious of some kind of existance after we die.

quite as new model army put it:

I will bow to the earth, bow to the sea,
Bow to the love between you and me,
I will bow to the sun, bow to the land
But never to a god made in the image of man

Even if there were some sort of god-esque being, there has yet to be any real evidence to the existence of it.. There may be a qewqerqweriuy who lives behind the moon, but why take a stance on the reality of the qewqerqweriuy if it's not even a real issue, but only a philosophical idea among trillions of other ideas - ideas that may directly oppose the Qewqerqweriuy Hypothesis?

Where do these gods reside anyway? They don't cause lightning or disease anymore, as science has thoroughly explained.. They didn't create mankind and all the other animals in their present form - evolution did. They just retreat further and further.. Currently they seem to hide in abiogenesis and the creation of the universe, with no direct power or influence over our daily lives. ...But Occam's Razor swiftly takes care of that.

I see no weight to this "god" thing other than ancient superstition.

A "god" in the Judeo-Christian-Islamic tradition is highly unlikely. The "superbeing", full of wrath & vengeance seeking to have it's ass kissed it quite a juvenile concept.

A "deity" may, in fact, exist, but, as stated above, there's really never been ANYTHING to validate it. Generally, man's ego is what keeps this idea alive....that we're "so important" that a superbeing specifically created us....nonsense.

However, the forces of evolution, the births & deaths of stars, the big-bang, all of these things may be a 'god' in & of itself.....depending upon one's point of view. Or, maybe not.

I don't believe in anything, I praise no god, have no religion... But I can be suspicious about what or who created all? That's THE question nobody can answer... :D

deargod.jpg

Thortyir said:
Nihilist must be the word... But like everbody I think, I ask myself questions... ;)
So you are not a nihilist, but much more of an agnostic.

My vote is that he exists.

But I do think that the bible was written by many persons through ages (so does a friend of mine that is a priest). Anyway it's a very good book to read. My favourite is Matthew's evangile. Everything that is in the book is very good to think about from time to time.

On the other hand I don't think that one religion is better than the others. I don't car much about dogma stuff

bollocks to the bible, its been written by dozens of people who actually never met jesus. the koran is the biz, straight from the hand of one guy who had direct chit chats with angels :cool:

the bible is what you want for all your god info, the koran is like a bad bible remix.

lol @ivo and nihilism

what i don't get about atheists is if god doesnt exist then it does matter is you believe in him or not, but if he does exist then athiests are screwed so why take the risk??

the bible is like the black album, selling out, major and that. the koran is like the 'live shit', its got the same songs but its more hardcore and alive and real and its top quality, the packaging and that.