God?

This subject is too touchy to touch.

I will soon have to decide about the religion of my children.
How can I decide for them when I can't even decide for myself?

My parents decided for me what was best and it completely pushed me away.
So I pretty much have my own religion I guess. I like to call it independent monotheism.

SilentRealm said:
as for people looking at metal people and thinking theyre satanists, i had a very interesting experience yesterday with that.. i never wear metal clothes, i usually just dress like everyone else around here. I was having one of those 'fat' days yesterday and had to pick my son up from daycare, so i just put on my Symphony X shirt \m/ to go get him, coz its nice and baggy. The looks I got were amazing! For the first time ever people looked at me strangely like I was some wierd gothy freak, the same sort of people that never looked at me any differently before that. It was very funny to see.

Back on the religion topic, Hyoukinmono makes a good argument for his side, I respect that.

Maybe you were so conscious of wearing your "metal" shirt that you were carrying yourself differently. People usually respond to what you are projecting ie. if you are uncomfortable, they will be uncomfortable, etc...I could swear people treated me differently when I was a teenager. That they were in shock and aghast at the metal/black clothing, pale skin, goth make-up but the weird thing is that I haven't changed the way I dressed and now I am twenty eight and I don't seem to see people reacting that way to me anymore. The only thing that changed was the way that I looked at myself and other people's judgement on me. Now, I don't feel like they are judging me because I am not judging myself or them. Or even considering what their judgement might be of me. What you say and body language gives away your true intent and feelings. If you are confident, respectful and honorable, people will see that and react in kind, even if you do have a metal shirt on!

Actually, I am a firm believer if you are metal, you should dress metal. Only because like attracts like and I would rather attract metal heads than jocks.

Dia Hain wrote
Maybe you were so conscious of wearing your "metal" shirt that you were carrying yourself differently. People usually respond to what you are projecting ie. if you are uncomfortable, they will be uncomfortable, etc...I could swear people treated me differently when I was a teenager. That they were in shock and aghast at the metal/black clothing, pale skin, goth make-up but the weird thing is that I haven't changed the way I dressed and now I am twenty eight and I don't seem to see people reacting that way to me anymore. The only thing that changed was the way that I looked at myself and other people's judgement on me. Now, I don't feel like they are judging me because I am not judging myself or them. Or even considering what their judgement might be of me. What you say and body language gives away your true intent and feelings. If you are confident, respectful and honorable, people will see that and react in kind, even if you do have a metal shirt on!

Actually, I am a firm believer if you are metal, you should dress metal. Only because like attracts like and I would rather attract metal heads than jocks.

Maybe thats how things work in The Enchanted Forest of Kadath but you obviously have never been to North Queensland :lol: