Growl Tips!

AntiMtv

Party on Garth
Jan 21, 2003
Haifa, Israel
www.orphaned-land.co.il
Even though it's a small forum we got ourselves a few vocalists here, so I asked myself why won't we exchange tips and techniques for grwols?
I gotta get back to my homework so I'll writre my comments later.
I'm interested in Paul's technique, he's got a very clear growl and yet in the same time it's distorted and kuicy as hell (I hope you know what i mean by juicy growl cause it sounds realy bad :s )

I'm sure that the first thing that Avi would say is JB :)

ummm.. olive oil is good for humus and Tabule salad. an arab friend of my father told me thats half a glass of country olive old in the morning is very healthy. but i think it might mess up your plumbing systems (ahem... if you get what im saying)

Originally posted by AntiMtv
Even though it's a small forum we got ourselves a few vocalists here, so I asked myself why won't we exchange tips and techniques for grwols?
I gotta get back to my homework so I'll writre my comments later.
I'm interested in Paul's technique, he's got a very clear growl and yet in the same time it's distorted and kuicy as hell (I hope you know what i mean by juicy growl cause it sounds realy bad :s )

I'm sure that the first thing that Avi would say is JB :)

Growl tips... hmmmm... Wel, I made it a point long ago to make sure I pronounce every word as clearly as possible. Keeping the "wet" sound in the voice, is exactly that, You keep your throat wet. While recording, I drink a lot of Coke while recording, and hot tea between breaks to keep it loose. It's all about clarity for me.

half a week before my last gig, i got ill. my thoat burned and i lost my voice.
there`s an old "gremma medicine", it`s called gogle mogle. it`s made of hot milk, egg, honey and soda.
yeah it`s REALLY disgustung.. but it did work for me!

lollll
i dont wanna know what happened there... (but i`ll guess it was blended with some beer later on, wasnt it? ;) )

i once drank beers with one of those soft ice creams.
aaauch